Call For Editor-in-Chief
Application Deadline: September 30, 2019
About the Role
Taylor & Francis is recruiting for the position of Editor-in-Chief of Chronobiology International. Chronobiology International is the journal of biological and medical rhythm research. It is a transdisciplinary journal focusing on biological rhythm phenomena of all life forms with articles pertaining to basic and applied chronobiology and to methods, statistics, and instrumentation for biological rhythm study. The position will officially begin on January 1, 2020 and serve for a three year term with the option to renew.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing a clear vision for the direction of Chronobiology International
- Managing the peer review process of submitted manuscripts throughout the year
- Soliciting high-quality manuscripts from potential authors
- Recruiting and managing a sufficient pool of quality reviewers to evaluate manuscripts
- Working with Taylor & Francis Editorial and Production Staff to oversee the strategic direction, performance and production of the journal
Applications will be evaluated by a panel including
- Michael Smolensky, President of the American Association of Medical Chronobiology & Chronotherapeutics
- Ramón C. Hermida Domínguez, President of the International Society for Chronobiology
- Alex Haley, Portfolio Manager for Life Sciences at Taylor & Francis
Interested applicants should write to Alex Haley at Alexandra.firstname.lastname@example.org with the following materials:
- A copy of a current academic CV, which should include evidence of a strong publishing record.
- A cover letter discussing the motivations for applying for the role, evidence of organization skills to successfully be editor of a high-impact journal, and a statement outlining a vision for the future of the journal. Such a statement could include specific ideas for how the journal might develop, strengthen its profile, stimulate ongoing debate, enhance its quality, etc.
This position is open until September 30, 2019, but applications will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.