Call for Social Media Editor
Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management
About the Role
Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management is looking for a new Social Media Editor with the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of development. It is a significant role and one that is both creative and dynamic. Visit the journal's Aims & Scope for more information .
The role of the Social Media Editor (SME) is to operate social media accounts on behalf of the journal, driving traffic to journal content and engaging with readers and followers about the journal, trends in the field and publishing tips and queries. The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting journal content and engaging with discussions relevant to the practice and education in hospitality marketing and management. The SME will work closely with the journal’s current Editorial team to identify suitable content for promotion and will also be expected to work independently to engage in discussions relevant to the journal’s audience and to increase its following and Social Media presence.
Among other tasks, the SME will be expected to:
- Identify relevant societies, conferences, social media profiles, blogs and key figureheads in academia and in industry, and keep apprised of their updates, engaging with them where appropriate to build up relationships;
- Share links to the latest issue or articles that have been published in the journal, or any of Routledge’s online marketing campaigns that involve the journal;
- Encourage the submission of articles from expert researchers in the field;
- Be the Ambassador for the journal; build, nurture, and grow a community around it;
- Increase awareness of the articles or special issues published in the journal in all relevant communities and amongst colleagues.
Becoming part of the editorial team of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community. There is an honorarium of $1,000 attached to the role.
You are invited to submit an expression of interest in the form of an email accompanied by a CV:
Katie Gezi: [email protected]
Further information and/or interviews may be requested as part of the application process.
The closing date for applications is 1 December 2021.
The role is part time (approximately half a day a week) and carries an honorarium.
The Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management provides a peer-reviewed outlet for contributions that further understanding, practice and education in hospitality marketing and management. It aims to promote new ideas, models, approaches and paradigms that contribute to the development of knowledge and theory of hospitality marketing and management. Its distinct, multifaceted approach encompasses the administrative disciplines, liberal arts and social sciences.