Nutrition & Cancer
About the Journal
Nutrition & Cancer are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Editor-in-Chief! We are looking for an Editor-in-Chief with an academic background in oncology or nutrition, with strong research experience in the role of nutrition and dietetics relating to the etiology, therapy or prevention of cancer. The successful applicant should also demonstrate their passion to drive the journal forward. This is a significant role, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic/researcher timetable. The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions. He, or she, will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal's Code of Publishing Ethics. Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
About the Role:
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the international research community with strong personal networks;
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions;
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner;
- Previous editing experience, e.g. as an Associate Editor or Guest Editor would be advantageous, but not essential.
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors;
- This position may be available as a co-editorship – please note your interest in this in your application.
The role will formally begin in January 2022, however, it is expected that there will be a transition period prior to this start date to ensure a seamless transition.
This will be agreed with the successful candidate. Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role. Taylor & Francis will also organize regular board meetings, and we will supply annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal. The Journal utilises an online editorial office system, ScholarOne. Training can be arranged.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, their CV, and their vision statement for the journal to Sophie Fagg, Portfolio Manager, [email protected] Areas to consider when preparing your vision statement include:
- Demonstrating your understanding of the research field from a global perspective;
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal's place within it;
- Potential suggestions for development of the journal;
- The implications of research/funder initiatives e.g. Open Access mandates and Open Science.
Nutrition & Cancer is an international journal reporting and reviewing current findings on the effects of nutrition on the etiology, therapy, and prevention of cancer. Etiological issues include clinical and experimental research in nutrition, carcinogenesis, epidemiology, biochemistry, and molecular biology. Coverage of therapy focuses on research in clinical nutrition and oncology, dietetics, and bioengineering. Prevention approaches include public health recommendations, preventative medicine, behavior modification, education, functional foods, and agricultural and food production policies.