About the Role
We are looking for new Associate Editors to join the Editorial Team of Culture and Organization.
Culture and Organization represents the intersection of academic disciplines that have developed distinct qualitative, empirical and theoretical vocabularies to research organization, culture and related social phenomena.
Culture and Organization features refereed articles that offer innovative insights and provoke discussion. It particularly offers papers which employ ethnographic, critical and interpretive approaches, as practised in such disciplines as organizational, communication, media and cultural studies, which go beyond description and use data to advance theoretical reflection. The Journal also presents papers which advance our conceptual understanding of organizational phenomena.
Theoretically, Culture and Organization bridges the arts and humanities and the social sciences, and welcomes papers which draw on the disciplinary practices and discourses of philosophy, the performing arts, literary and art criticism and historical analysis, for example, and applies them to the organizational and relevant social arenas.
The successful candidates will be responsible for managing the review process for submissions assigned to them as well as the opportunity to contribute to overall editorial policy through regular board meetings.
The Journal utilises an online editorial office system, namely ScholarOne Manuscripts, to manage submissions.
Benefits to Associate Editors
Becoming an Associate Editor of Culture and Organization is a rewarding, creative, and fulfilling experience where you get insight into the most recent research within the field. It will build your own networks and promote the research that you are passionate about. It is also a wonderful opportunity for those looking to gain further expertise in academic publishing.
These are some of the further benefits of working as an Associate Editor for C&O:
- You will be part of a vibrant, successful journal that has a clear purpose and strong community around it.
- You will gain valuable editing experience working on a well-ranked, well-respected title. Please add your involvement with C&O to your CV.
- Your name will be published in the Associate Editor list on the C&O website and in each printed issue.
- Free online access to all articles and issues published in the Journal, including the full archive.
- 30% discount on personal copies of books published by Routledge, Taylor & Francis.
If you require any training to use the Journal’s ScholarOne Manuscripts site, this will be provided by Routledge. Please get in touch with the publisher or the Co-Editors to arrange this.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Active and sustained engagement in communities associated with key interests of the Journal, for example the Standing Conference on Organizational Symbolism (SCOS)
- Confidence to engage with authors, reviewers and researchers
- Organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with the other Associate Editors and Co-Editors
- Given the current composition of the Editorial Board, we particularly encourage applicants from non-anglophone countries and from outside of the UK/Northern Europe.
If you would like to apply for the position of Associate Editor please forward your CV and a covering letter to Thomas Lennerfors, [email protected], no later than 4 January 2021. Your covering letter should be no longer than two pages and should address:
- Your interests and expertise within fields related to Culture and Organization
- Your understanding of the publishing process and your experience as an author and reviewer
- How you would work in partnership with the Co-Editors and the Editorial Board
- How you would work with authors and reviewers
- How you meet the skills set outlined above