Call for Editor
Police Practice and Research
Become the Editor of Police Practice and Research
Police Practice and Research (PPR) is an international, peer-reviewed journal dedicated to publishing current and innovative policing research. PPR is currently recruiting for a new Editor/Editorial Team to will lead the way for future researchers in the field and champion the journal within the community.
We are looking for individuals or teams who have a real passion for policing and bridging the gap between research and practice. The successful applicant(s) will have the ambition and vision to drive the journal forward.
Becoming an editor is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will extend your networks, promote the research that you are passionate about and be recognized as a leading figure within the policing community.
Interested in applying? Here are the kind of attributes we are looking for:
- Active in the community with strong networks;
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions;
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner;
- Ability to cultivate positive working relationships with colleagues.
The Editor(s) is responsible for editorial oversight, handling peer review and making decisions on submissions as well as working with Routledge to continue to develop PPR. For more information on the role of a journal editor, please visit our Editor Resources website.
To apply, please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement by email our Portfolio Manager for Criminology, Jacquelyn Fernholz ([email protected]). Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it;
- What your goals for the journal would be over a three-year period, and the steps you would take to achieve them;
- How you would work collaboratively with your editorial board;
- How you would work with authors.
Please submit your application by 01 June 2020.
Police Practice and Research is a peer-reviewed journal that presents current and innovative police research as well as operational and administrative practices from around the world. Articles and reports are sought from practitioners, researchers and others interested in developments in policing, analysis of public order, and the state of safety as it affects the quality of life everywhere.