Call for Associate Editor
Early Child Development & Care
About the Role
Would you like to be the Associate Editor of Early Child Development and Care?
We are looking for a new Associate Editor with a relevant academic background, editorial experience and passion to drive the journal forward. The successful candidate would work collaboratively to support the journal’s existing Editor, who will remain in post as the most senior Editor on the journal.
It is a significant role, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic timetable. The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions they are assigned to by the journal’s Editor. They will make recommendations on acceptance or rejection of articles, for verification by the journal’s Editor, after the peer review process, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics (authorservices.taylorandfrancis.com/editorial-policies/).
Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses. Taylor & Francis will also supply annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal. The Journal utilises an online editorial office system (ScholarOne) to organise peer review.
Becoming an editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Interested in applying?
Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as the existing journal Editor and editorial board members
The role will formally begin from 1st October 2021.
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Associate Editor please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement to Abi Amey, Portfolio Manager, [email protected]
Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the Editor and editorial board
- How you would maintain and improve the quality of submissions
- How you would work with authors
Closing date for applications: 23 August 2021
Early Child Development and Care is a multidisciplinary publication that serves psychologists, educators, psychiatrists, paediatricians, social workers and other professionals who deal with research, planning, education and care of infants and young children.