Call for Co-Editors
Contemporary Music Review
About the Journal
Contemporary Music Review provides a forum for musicians and musicologists to discuss recent musical currents in both breadth and depth. The main concern of the journal is the critical study of music today in all its aspects—its techniques of performance and composition, texts and contexts, aesthetics, technologies, and relationships with other disciplines and currents of thought. The journal may also serve as a vehicle to communicate documentary materials, interviews, and other items of interest to contemporary music scholars. All articles are subjected to rigorous anonymous peer review before publication. Each issue centres around a particular theme.
About the Role
Routledge is seeking expressions of interest for positions as Co-Editor of Contemporary Music Review (CMR) to join members of the existing editorial team. The positions would be in place from April 2021, with a period of handover anticipated.
Routledge is seeking Co-Editors who have suitable background and experience in contemporary music or related disciplines.
The Editorial team is responsible for ensuring that high-quality research, that supports the journal’s Aims and Scope, is published in CMR. Key elements of the role include:
- Soliciting and receiving submissions to the journal
- Maintaining rigorous peer review handled through the journal’s Editorial Manager system
- Commissioning new themed issues and reviewing themed issue proposals, working closely with Guest Editors
- Establishing responsive relationships with reviewers for the journal
- Appointing Editorial Advisory Board Members
- Promoting the journal at conferences, events and to relevant networks
An Editorial Honorarium will be provided to cover any expenses incurred during the work of editing the journal.
Submitting your Application
Interested individuals are invited to submit their CV and a brief Vision Statement (1-2 pages only), outlining their thoughts in relation to the editorship of the journal. The Vision Statement may cover the following in relation to the journal’s standing:
• Current strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
• Key developments in the subject area, conferences and events
• Opportunities for soliciting articles, special/themed issues
• Considerations that will enhance the quality and reputation
• Competitor analysis of key journals in the subject area
Interested individuals are also asked to outline any relevant editorial experience and how they would apply this experience to this role.
Editorial experience may include the following: • Editor,Co-Editor, Associate Editor, Assistant Editor • Editorial Board/Editorial Advisory Board Member • Reviewer • Author • Guest Editor
• Experience with electronic editorial systems, such as ScholarOne Manuscripts or Editorial Manager Expressions of interest from individuals or Co-Editorship teams will be considered.
In cases of Co-Editorships, please clearly outline the roles, responsibilities and how you intend to work with the existing co-editor team in place for CMR. Any queries about the role and expressions of interest should be sent to Stacey McGillicuddy, Global Head of Portfolio at Routledge: [email protected] The deadline for expressions of interest is 1st February 2021.
Contemporary Music Review provides a forum for musicians and musicologists to discuss recent musical currents in both breadth and depth. The main concern of the journal is the critical study of music today in all its aspects—its techniques of performance and composition, texts and contexts, aesthetics, technologies, and relationships with other disciplines and currents of thought.