Submit your research today!
Your valuable research in Expert Opinion on Drug Discovery - Safety associated with rapid acting antidepressants
About the special issue
The field of psychiatry therapeutics has pivoted in the last 2-3 years towards so called ""rapid acting antidepressants"" (RAADs). The first FDA approved RAAD is esketamine and just recently, our Editor-in-Chief Professor Roger S. McIntyre has led the international guidelines for esketamine and ketamine.
In addition, there are a disparate assortment of ""psychedelics"" that are being developed. Although we certainly welcome potentially innovative and lifesaving treatments for persons with mental disorders, we also need to have a measured and empirically guided understanding of safety.
This special focus issue therefore aims to provide a broad-ranging overview of the safety of these exciting new treatments for persons with mental disorders. We welcome contributions in the form of reviews, perspectives, editorials, specific drug evaluations and original research.
Learn more about preparing your manuscript by visiting the Instructions for Authors page.
If you would like to hear more about the special issue, please reach out the commissioning editor: Emma Huck
- 7-9 weeks: 1st February
- 3-5 weeks: 15th February
Publish in 3 - 5 weeks from submission
- Submission to acceptance: 2 - 3 weeks
- 1 - 2 weeks for peer review
- 1 week for author revision
- Acceptance to online publication: 1 - 2 weeks, with proofs within 5 working days and 48 hours for author review
Cost per article: $7000 / €6200 / £5500
Publish in 7 - 9 weeks from submission
- Submission to acceptance: 5 - 6 weeks
- 3 - 4 weeks for peer review
- 2 week for author revision
- Acceptance to online publication: 2 - 3 weeks, with proofs within 10 working days
Cost per article: $3900 / €3400 / £3000
By publishing in Expert Opinion on Drug Safety you will:
- Gain recognition from an international audience and increase your opportunities for future collaboration
- Receive 50 free e-prints & promotional tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Services site
- Immediately see the impact of your research made in the community by tracking downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works
- Increase the discoverability of your research with MEDLINE listings and more