Call For Co-Editor-in-Chief of European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering
Application Deadline: 25th November
About the Role
We are looking for a new Co-Editor-in-Chief with an academic background in sustainable construction, computation and design of structures and engineering works. As well as the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision making employing the Journal's online submission and peer review system, ScholarOne Manuscripts™. He or she will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal's Code of Publishing Ethics. We will provide the incoming Co-Editor-in-Chief with peer review administration support.
Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses, full ScholarOne Manuscripts™ training and administrative support. Taylor & Francis will organise regular board meetings and we will supply annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal.
Becoming an editor is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the community.
Interested in applying? Here are the kind of skills and attributes we would be looking for in the successful applicant:
- Active in the community with strong networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- Ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors
Submit your application
If you would like to apply for the position of Co-Editor-in-Chief please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement to Razina Miah, [email protected] by the 25th November 2019.
Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where the field is going and the journal's place within it
- How you would work with the editorial board
- How you would maintain and increase quality of submissions
- How you would work with authors
We will be looking to conduct interviews during December and the role will start 1st January 2020.