Join the Conversation!
Share your research with The European Journal of Finance
Deadline: 28 October 2019
The Impact of Macroeconomic Conditions and Policies on Corporate Decisions
Sun Yat-Sen University and University of Edinburgh are organising an academic conference on the Impact of Macroeconomic Conditions and Policies on Corporate Decisions which will be held at the Lingnan (University) College, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China. The Conference aims to bring together international academics, policy makers and industry professionals and to provide them with the opportunity to meet and to present and share their research and interests on issues relating to corporate financial decisions.
We encourage submissions that use theoretical, empirical or experimental approaches to understand how macroeconomic conditions and policies such as, business cycles, financial development of a market, tariff disputes, monetary policy, tax policy, industrial policy and economic policy uncertainty affect firms’ financial policy such as capital structure decisions, financing, timing of equity offering, cash holding, dividend policy, among others that are crucial for our understanding of corporate decisions. While not exhaustive, the following list suggests possible topics that would be appropriate to address:
- How do the large economic stimulus programs, and other economic policies affect
corporate finance activities including financing, capital structure, payout policy, tax
policies, investment and risk-taking, and risk management practices?
- How do economic policy change and uncertainty affect corporate finance and investment
- How do industrial policies affect corporate investment and environmental policies?
- How do macroeconomic factors and financial stability affect corporate merger &
acquisitions and capital investment decisions?
- How do changes in macroeconomic environment affect corporate governance, capital
structure, and cost of capital?
- What are possible cross-sectional variations in the way macroeconomic factors affect
corporate finance decisions?
- How do macroeconomic factors in emerging markets affect corporate decisions
differently from their counterparts in the U.S.?
- How do macroeconomic factors affect various stakeholders such as regulators, investors,
lenders, shareholders, stock analysts, rating agencies, employees, unions, managers and
- How does company manage the macro risk along with other corporate risks?
- How does corporate risk management strategy change after considering the impact of
Submissions to the conference in the form of complete or nearly complete papers should be sent to one of the conference organizers Professor Ting Zhang by 28th October 2019. A Call for Papers for a Special Issue on The Impact of Macroeconomic Conditions and Policies on Corporate Decisions will be issued shortly after the conference by The European Journal of Finance. Attending the conference is not a precondition for submission to the special issue. Likewise, acceptance to the conference does not guarantee publication in the journal.
Please contact Dr. Yizhe Dong or Professor Ting Zhang if you need further information about the conference or the special issue. For general enquiries about The European Journal of Finance please click here.
- Iftekhar Hasan, Professor of Finance and Corrigan Chair in International Business and Finance, Fordham University
- Marco Trombetta, Professor of Accounting, IE Business School
- Yizhe Dong, University of Edinburgh Business School, UK
- Wenxuan Hou, University of Edinburgh Business School, UK
- Bingxuan Lin, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI, USA
- Jun Lu, Dean, Lingnan (University) College, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, China
- Ting Zhang, University of Dayton, Dayton, OH, USA