European Journal of Materials
A new materials science and engineering journal from FEMS
Taylor & Francis is pleased to announce the launch of European Journal of Materials, a brand-new open access materials science and engineering journal from FEMS that covers the functional and structural behavior of materials.
European Journal of Materials covers a broad spectrum of topics at the frontier of science and engineering of materials, from advanced processing and modelling to characterisation at all length scales. The journal aims to close the gap between academics and practitioners in the field to provide a home for research in the international arena of materials science and engineering.
More about the journal
European Journal of Materials publishes research on the application-specific features of materials in medical, energy, transportation, construction and other industries in the following subject areas:
- Functional materials
- Structural materials
- Characterisation and modelling
- Energy, transport and environment
- Biomaterials for life science and healthcare
- Bio-based materials
- Raw materials and recycling
- Education, strategy and technology transfer
The journal accepts original research articles, review articles, short communications, news and views articles. All articles are freely and permanently available online through gold open access publication.
For more information or to submit an article for peer review, visit the journal's instructions for authors.
Note to Editors
- FEMS, the Federation of European Materials Societies, is a not-for profit association of European materials societies and associations covering science and engineering in various fields including metals, polymers, ceramics, composites, glasses, nano and biomaterials in 22 different countries.
- Taylor & Francis partners with world-class authors, from leading scientists and researchers, to scholars and professionals operating at the top of their fields. T&F publishes in all areas of the Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Science, Technology and Medicine sectors and is one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals, books, eBooks, textbooks and reference works.
Why publish open access?
- Increase the visibility and readership of your research by publishing in a fully open access journal.
- Make an impact beyond the academy by making your article accessible to anyone, anywhere (including readers in industry and even policy-makers).
- Benefit from format-free submission, saving you more time for your research.
- Freely share your work with no restrictions or paywall.
- Retain ownership of your research through our unrestrictive publishing agreements.
- Discounts and waivers for researchers in developing countries are available. The journal will also consider requests for discretionary APC waivers. Find out if your institution or country has an open access agreement to publish with us.