Advances in supernetwork modelling and mobility pattern analysis
Transportmetrica A: Transport Science Special Issue Call for Papers
Deadline: 1 December 2019
Supernetworks with the power in integrating transportation demands and supplies have received increasing attention in the field of activity-based modelling in the past decade. The scheme of decomposing multiple choice facets into generic path choices through supernetworks have been applied and developed in various scheduling and assignment models. This special issue is motivated by the recent fast developments in transportation research on emerging mobility services, big data, novel decision-making mechanisms, and the inclusion of uncertainties and dynamics, etc. Supernetworks as a media for modelling multi-dimensional choice problems in combination with principles of activity-based modelling are promising to deliver comprehensive and convincing mobility solutions.
This special issue solicits novel contributions on methodological advances and empirical analyses of activity-travel choices and mobility patterns using supernetwork-related approaches. We hope to receive submissions addressing the following aspects, but not limited to:
- Supernetwork representation and design;
- Methodological advances in activity-travel scheduling and equilibrium analyses;
- Modelling of supply dynamics and uncertainties;
- Enhanced behavioural realism on choice facets and mechanisms;
- Parameter estimations and calibrations of activity-travel choices;
- Analyses of mobility patterns with BIG DATA technologies;
- Analyses of mobility patterns with the inclusion of emerging transport modes and services, such as ridesharing, carsharing, bikesharing, and autonomous vehicles;
- Analyses of the effects of policies on mobility patterns and transport externalities.
This special issue relates to the International Post-Conference (HKSTS) workshop on “Advances in Supernetwork Modelling and Mobility Pattern Analysis” happening 11 Dec. 2018, Hong Kong, China. However, submissions are welcome from a broader audience.
The length of each manuscript, including the abstract and references, should not exceed 10,000 words. It should be noted that each table, figure, or photograph accompanying the text counts as 250 words. Interested authors may read the full instructions for authors before submitting online. Please mention the special issue title in the cover letter when submitting. All submissions will be processed upon receipt and go through the journal’s standard peer-review process.
First submission deadline: 1 December 2019
Notification of first decision: 1 February 2020
Revision submission deadline: 1 April 2020
Notification of final decision: 1 June 2020
Issue of publication (expected): Summer 2020
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Feixiong Liao, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Special Issue Guest Editor: William H.K. Lam, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China(email@example.com)
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Zhi-Chun Li, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China(firstname.lastname@example.org)