Call for Editor
Educational Research and Evaluation
About the Role
Would you like to be the Editor of Educational Research & Evaluation?
We are looking for a new Editor with an academic background in Educational Research as well as the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change. It is a significant role, with high profile, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic timetable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions. They will have the authority to accept articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics (https://authorservices.taylorandfrancis.com/editorial-policies/)
Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses and will supply annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal. The Journal utilises an online editorial office system, ScholarOne, to manage peer review.
Becoming the Editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
• Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
• Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
• Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
• The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Regional Editors
• This position may be available as a co-editorship – please note your interest in this in your application.
The role will formally begin from November 2021.
Submitting Your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Editor please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement to Abi Amey, Portfolio Manager [[email protected]]
Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
• Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
• How you would work in partnership with the editorial board
• How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
• How you would work with authors
Closing date: 22nd October 2021, 5pm BST (London)
Educational Research and Evaluation is a fully refereed international journal publishing original academic articles on all aspects of education. It appeals to an international readership and accepts articles that are well-informed and evidence-based. The journal is deliberately multi-disciplinary and broad in its scope, and addresses rigorous research and evaluation at all educational levels and in all sectors and fields of education. It publishes qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods studies, for example, reports, surveys, case studies, experiments, action research, naturalistic and qualitative research, longitudinal studies, interventions in education and evaluation, and accounts of research in progress.