Join the Conversation!
Submission Deadline: November 1, 2019
Environmental Justice and Education
International Studies in Sociology of Education (ISSE) is calling for papers for a Special Issue on the theme of Environmental Justice and Education. We welcome papers that examine theoretically and/or empirically topics such as, but not limited to:
- Education in/for environmental activism and movements
- The relationships between global justice, social justice and environmental justice
- Knowledge, schooling and climate science
- Youth, education and the imagination of the future
- The role of the environment in educational inequalities
ISSE welcomes inter-disciplinary work where sociological theory and perspectives have a substantial role. The journal aims to make connections across local, regional and international contexts in the study of sociology of education. We particularly welcome papers that foreground marginalised social and political issues, non-dominant theoretical resources, and cross-cultural debate, and we encourage participation and critical engagement from scholars from around the world and at all stages of career development.
Full manuscripts should be submitted via ISSE’s online submission system by November 1, 2019.
See the ISSE website for information about preparing and submitting manuscripts.