Recruiting for Social Media Editor
Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems
About the role
Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems is seeking a Social Media Editor to launch and oversee an engaging new journal LinkedIn account, develop a Wikipedia page, and help to develop an outreach strategy that promotes the journal via social posts, and increases its reach and impact.
The successful candidate should be studying for or possess a doctoral degree in civil engineering, or a related area. They should be able to work and communicate effectively with the journals’ Editorial team, as well as interact with the Taylor & Francis subject accounts, including @tandfSTEM and @tandfonline.
The Social Media Editor will be expected to post topical, popular, and newly published journal content to the public, including new article alerts, new issue alerts, Special Issue promotion, best paper award winners, and more. The Social Media Editor will also be expected to contribute ideas for further social media campaigns to increase engagement with the community. The successful candidate is likely to have proven experience of using social media channels in either their professional and/ or personal lives.
The successful candidate will be appointed as ‘Social Media Editor’ on the journal’s Editorial Board, will be provided with guidance and data to support them in their role, and work with the Editor and Publisher to build awareness of Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems by connecting with the journal’s community online. They may also be invited to join journal meetings, either virtually, or in person (depending on location). As an Editorial Board member, they will receive an online subscription to the journal, and a 30% discount for Routledge, Taylor & Francis books.
About the journal
Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems is devoted to the advancement of systems thinking and systems techniques throughout systems engineering, environmental engineering decision-making, and engineering management. We do this by publishing the practical applications and developments of "hard" and "soft" systems techniques and thinking.
Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems is an internationally renowned journal with Scopus and Web of Science indexing, among others.
Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems already successfully serves a large readership, with over 22,000 downloads in 2022.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Good knowledge of social scheduling and analytics tools such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics, and Buffer.
- Familiarity with major social media platforms including LinkedIn, YouTube, and Wikipedia, among others.
- Strong design knowledge and proficiency in design tools such as Photoshop and Canva is advantageous.
- Exceptional marketing abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly engaging, versatile, and adaptable.
- The ability to keep up with industry trends and new social networks.
To apply, please submit via email the following:
- brief CV: one-page
- cover letter: outline how you meet the attributes listed above, your vision for the role, and how you would build awareness and maximise dissemination of the journal’s content.
- Two sample social media ‘posts’ suitable for Twitter (or similar) and LinkedIn: the posts should refer to material recently published in Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems, include all text and graphic media related to the post, and pay due regard to the conventions, character and/ or word limits relevant to the platform, and include any necessary or desired links, or ‘tags’. These can be mocked up, and sent through as a separate document, continuing on from the CV.
Please contact Maddie Felps ([email protected]) with any questions.
The journal is committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion within its editorial team and decision making processes. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential, and each will be judged on its merits without bias for seniority of institutional affiliation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.