Recruiting for Senior Editors/Associate Editors
About the role
Sustainable Environment is currently recruiting for Senior Editors and Associate Editors. This role is a great opportunity for academics with a strong research background in environmental science, and who also have the commitment, drive and ability to help develop the journal. As part of this role, you will be responsible for the oversight and administration of a rigorous and proper peer review process that delivers an agreed amount of content of suitable scope and quality within an agreed publication timeframe.
Senior Editors will also commit to leading a section of the journal, and working strategically alongside the Editor-in-Chief and Taylor & Francis staff to develop and promote the journal further.
Becoming a Senior Editor/Associate Editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you have the opportunity to build your own networks, develop and promote the research in your field, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
We welcome applications for Editorial Board Members.
About the journal
Sustainable Environment is a multidisciplinary open access journal, publishing peer-reviewed research across the broad scope of environmental science. Popular topics include environmental chemistry, environmental engineering, climate change, recycling, pollution, and green economy.
Previously known as Cogent Environmental Science, the journal has been relaunched with a fresh editorial team led by Dr Michelle Bloor (University of Glasgow, UK).
Key Skills and Attributes
Ready to apply? Here are the skills and attributes we are looking for in a successful applicant:
- Experience in academic publishing and familiarity with all stages of the process.
- The capacity to devote time each week to the role, and to attend Editorial Board meetings and training sessions as needed.
- The ability to ensure all assigned manuscripts are considered in a prompt, consistent and professional manner.
- The ability to confidently use an online peer review management system.
- Experience with working effectively with independent peer reviewers.
- The ability to read, summarize, and make decisions based on independent reviewer reports.
- A commitment to communicating promptly, consistently, and professionally with authors during the peer review process.
- A commitment to engaging promptly and efficiently with Taylor & Francis staff and suppliers to implement necessary processes and improvements.
- A strong commitment to ethical rigour as well as knowledge of the COPE guidelines and commitment to ensure that the journal adheres to strict ethical standards at all times.
- Actively involved in growing and developing your academic networks through conference attendance and experience of networking through social media.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the open access publishing environment.
- A vision and enthusiasm for the continuous development of the journal.
The journal is committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion within its editorial team and decision making processes. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential, and each will be judged on its merits without bias for seniority of institutional affiliation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.