Section Editors needed for
About the role
Climate Interactions is currently recruiting for Section Editors. These roles are a great opportunity for academics with a strong research background in Climate-related research and who also have the commitment, drive and ability to help develop the journal. As the role of Section Editor, you will lead a team of Associate Editors and you will be responsible for the oversight and administration of a rigorous and proper peer review process that delivers an agreed amount of content of suitable scope and quality within an agreed publication timeframe.
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you have the opportunity to build your own networks, develop and promote the research in your field, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
About the journal
Climate Interactions will be a brand new, fully Open Access multidisciplinary journal. The journal is looking to launch in the first half of 2024 and will encompass all areas of climate-related research. We want the broad scope of the journal to capture the whole field of climate research and give academics the chance to interact with this research in one place.
We strive to help researchers communicate with a global audience and interact with experts from across the social science community and beyond. Each submission is evaluated on its own scholarly merit and research integrity, and our expert academic editors take an objective and constructive approach to peer review. Article-level metrics let the research speak for itself.
The journal will cover the below areas and more as it grows:
- Climate Development
- Climate Response
- Natural Disasters
- Transport and Tourism
- Climate Policy
- Climate Politics
Key Skills and Attributes
Ready to apply? Here are the skills and attributes we are looking for in a successful applicant:
- Experience in academic publishing and familiarity with all stages of the process.
- The capacity to devote time each week to the role.
- The ability to ensure all submitted manuscripts are considered in a prompt, consistent and professional manner.
- The ability to confidently use an online peer review management system.
- Experience with working effectively with independent peer reviewers.
- The ability to read, summarize, and make decisions based on independent reviewer reports.
- A commitment to communicating promptly, consistently, and professionally with authors during the peer review process.
- A strong commitment to ethical rigour as well as knowledge of the COPE guidelines and commitment to ensure that the journal adheres to strict ethical standards at all times.
- Actively involved in growing and developing your academic networks through conference attendance and experience of networking through social media.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the open access publishing environment.
The journal is committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion within its editorial team and decision making processes. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential, and each will be judged on its merits without bias for seniority of institutional affiliation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.