Recruiting for Peer Reviewers
Research in Statistics
About the role
Research in Statistics is looking to broaden, internationalize, and diversify the Journal’s peer reviewer pool with experts from across the discipline. Peer reviewing can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience, allowing you to contribute to the research community and to develop and advance research that you are passionate about.
About the journal
Research in Statistics is a broad open access journal publishing original research in all areas of statistics and probability. The journal focuses on broadening existing research fields, and in facilitating international collaboration, and is devoted to the international advancement of the theory and application of advanced statistical techniques. This includes both theoretical and official statistics, statistics for financial data, and administrative statistics. The journal welcomes original and significant contributions in the area of statistics whether on empirical or mathematical foundations, or their applications to any domain of statistical and information technology, and more generally to any field of investigation where statistical methodologies are relevant. Applied papers demonstrating the usefulness of statistical methodology in practical problems are particularly welcome. Papers submitted for consideration should provide novel contributions in statistical theory or applications as they relate to the following interdisciplinary topics:
• Statistical Theory
• Statistical Modeling
• Medical Statistics and Epidemiology
• Agricultural Statistics
• Environmental Statistics
• Physical Sciences Statistics
• Engineering Statistics
• Extremes and its applications
• Risk Theory
• Behavioral and Psychological Statistics
• Economics & Business Statistics
• Statistics Education
• Statistical Surveys
• Statistical Computing, Data Visualization, and Simulation
• Social Sciences
• History of Statistics
• Theory of Fuzzy Measures, Fuzzy Probability, and Information and its Statistical Applications
• Randomness, Stochastic Processes, and Statistical Applications
The journal publishes the following article types: original articles, reviews, selected/invited conference papers, short articles, and letters to the editor. Authors are encouraged to submit supplementary technical arguments, computer code, data analyzed in the paper, or any additional information for online publication along with the published paper.
Key Skills and Attributes
Ready to apply? Here are the skills and attributes we are looking for in a successful applicant:
- Expertise or specialist knowledge in the field; early career researchers are welcome!
- The capacity to devote time to evaluate and provide constructive criticism to editors and authors.
- The ability to ensure all assigned manuscripts are considered in a prompt, consistent and professional manner.
- A strong commitment to ethical rigor as well as knowledge of the COPE guidelines and commitment to ensure that the journal adheres to strict ethical standards at all times.
- A vision and enthusiasm for the continuous development of the Journal.
The journal is committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion within its editorial team and decision making processes. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential, and each will be judged on its merits without bias for seniority of institutional affiliation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.