Recruiting for Peer Reviewers
About the role
The peer review process is a fundamental part of research publishing. It’s a way of ensuring only articles of the highest quality, which describe sound research methods and results, are published. The process involves both the journal editors and independent expert reviewers, who evaluate the submitted articles. Peer reviewers can recommend whether or not they believe an article should be accepted or rejected by the journal. Peer Reviewers are intrinsic to the publication process and upholding this role is a wonderful opportunity to boost your own networks, sharpen your expertise, and contribute immensely to a journal and therapeutic area.
At Taylor & Francis, every journal depends on the hard work of reviewers like you, who test and refine each article before publication. We work to establish and sustain peer review integrity by making sure that you have the right resources to carry out your peer review task efficiently and effectively. Guidelines and trainings are available to support your reviewer journey at Taylor & Francis.
Strabismus journal is currently looking for interested Peer Reviewers to support the manuscript process. Successful applicants will be expected to (but not limited to):
- Give unbiased consideration to each manuscript submitted. They should judge each on its merits, without regard to race, religion, nationality, gender, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the author(s).
- Declare any conflict of interest before agreeing to review a manuscript. This includes any relationship with the author(s) that may bias their review.
- Keep the peer review process confidential. They must not share information or correspondence about a manuscript with anyone outside of the peer review process without the explicit permission of the editor.
- Not enter unpublished manuscript files, images or information into databases or tools that do not guarantee confidentiality, are accessible by the public and/or may store or use this information for their own purposes (for example, generative AI tools like ChatGPT).
- Prepare their report by themselves, unless they have permission from the journal to involve another person. They must also not impersonate others during the review process. Reviewers must not use artificial intelligence tools to generate manuscript review reports, including LLM based tools like ChatGPT.
- Provide a constructive, comprehensive, evidenced, and appropriately substantial peer review report. Reviewers are responsible for ensuring any references included within their report are accurate and verifiable.
- Avoid making statements in their report which might be interpreted as questioning any person’s reputation.
- Make all reasonable effort to submit their report and recommendation on time. They should inform the editor if this is not possible.
- Call to the journal editor’s attention to any significant similarity between the manuscript under consideration and any published paper or submitted manuscripts of which they are aware.
A journal's peer reviewer requirements will be individual to the publication and may require more specific actions by the reviewer based on the needs of each paper. If you are interested in joining Strabismus' dedicated group of reviewers, please send in your CV for consideration!
About the journal
Strabismus publishes articles on all areas of the field including esotropia, exotropia, hypertropia, and Duane's Syndrome. The quarterly publication also discusses related disorders including amblyopia, infant visual development, binocular vision, stereopsis, suppression, amblyopia-related disorders of refraction, visual stimulus deprivation, and anisometropia. It aims to bridge the gap between neuroscientists and ophthalmologists and orthoptists treating strabismus and amblyopia patients. Strabismus includes the following sections: editorials, original papers, research reports, reviews, symposium proceedings, letters to the editor and selected abstracts.
Please apply at the link below with your CV for consideration.
Please note that this advertisement is open on a monthly-rotating basis. By the start of each month, the Editorial team will review applications collected in the previous month and will reach out to applicants in this timeframe. We are enthusiastic to review your CV carefully to ensure you are added to the appropriate area of the journal.
For any further information, please contact [email protected]
The journal is committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion within its editorial team and decision making processes. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential, and each will be judged on its merits without bias for seniority of institutional affiliation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.