Recruiting for Social Media Editor
Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice
About the role
The Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice is seeking a Social Media Editor to create and run engaging new journal Twitter and LinkedIn accounts (or other social media as appropriate), to promote the journal, and further support its increasing reach, dissemination and impact.
The successful candidate should be studying for or possess a doctoral degree in Marketing or a related area. They should be able to work and communicate effectively with the journals’ Editorial team, as well as interact with the Taylor & Francis subject accounts, including @Routledge_Econ.
The Social Media Editor will be expected to tweet/post topical, popular, and new JMTP content to the public, upon publication. The Social Media Editor will also be expected to promote calls for paper, special issues etc., when requested. The successful candidate should have proven experience of using social media channels in either their professional and/or personal lives.
The successful candidate will be appointed as ‘Social Media Editor’ on the journal’s Editorial Board, will be provided with guidance and data to support them in their role, and work with the Editors and Publisher to build awareness of JMTP. They may also be invited to join journal meetings, either virtually, or in person (depending on location). As an Editorial Board member, they will also receive an online subscription to the journal, and a 30% discount for Routledge / Taylor & Francis books.
About the journal
The Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice aims to address and advance a broad gamut of substantive, managerial issues across the field of marketing. As reflected by the journal’s title, the Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice is devoted to advancing the field of marketing in meaningful ways through scholarship that is both rigorous and relevant.
The Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice was the first high quality general marketing journal to require the pairing of academic sensibilities toward research with high potential for application of findings “on Monday morning” by marketing practitioners. The journal provides a unique outlet for publishing managerially relevant articles across a broad range of marketing subjects – an alternative to the fragmentation of the field of marketing into many sub-disciplines each represented by a specialty journal.
With a decidedly international inclusiveness in terms of authors and reviewers, the Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice values and publishes both conceptual (non-empirical) and empirical work. The journal is also unbiased in preference to methodologies employed in empirical papers so long as the methodological approach properly fits the study’s aims and research questions.
JMTP already successfully serves a huge readership, with over 108,000 downloads in 2021.
Key Skills and Attributes
Ready to apply? Here are the skills and attributes we are looking for in a successful applicant:
- Be studying for or possess a doctoral degree in Marketing or a related area
- Proven experience of using social media channels in either their professional and/or personal lives, with an emphasis on using social media to grow personal or professional network
- A strong commitment to understanding the brand and vision of the journal, as well as active engagement with journal content
- A strong commitment to following ethical and professional conduct at all times when engaging with social media
- Time to devote to the role each week
To apply, please submit the following via the 'Apply Now' button below:
- Brief CV: one-page maximum
- Cover letter: outlining how you meet the attributes listed above, your vision for the account, and how you would build awareness and maximise dissemination of journal content
- Three sample social media ‘posts’: suitable for three different social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and/or Instagram)
- The posts should include all text and media related to the post, and pay due regard to the conventions, character and/or word limits relevant to the platform, and include any necessary or desired links, or ‘tags’
- Timing of the post may also be taken into consideration
- The three different posts should all be promoting the following article:
These can be mocked up, and sent through as a new document; alternatively, you may find it easier to actually post from any existing social media accounts you have, and send through direct links to, or screenshots of, the posts.
Please reach out to to Editor in Chief Raj Agnihotri, [email protected] with any questions.
The journal is committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion within its editorial team and decision making processes. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential, and each will be judged on its merits without bias for seniority of institutional affiliation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.