Recruiting for Editorial Board Member
Ethnicity & Health
About the role
The Editor-in-Chief and Executive Editor of Ethnicity & Health are looking for national and international scholars to expand the journal’s Editorial Board. This role is a great opportunity for an academic with a strong research background in race and ethnic public health, medical, epidemiological, sociological, behavioral, psychological, and cultural issues, and who also has the commitment, drive and ability to help develop the journal.
With this 3 year-term, you will actively promote the journal, participate in ensuring the journal publishes only the highest quality manuscripts, evaluate the journal’s policies and processes for soliciting, reviewing, publishing, and promoting articles. Each Editorial Board member will be asked to provide at least four (4) scholarly reviews per year, depending on the content areas of the submissions. The Editorial Board will meet annually.
Ethnicity & Health is an international academic journal designed to meet the world-wide interest in the health of ethnic groups. It embraces original papers from the full range of disciplines concerned with investigating the relationship between ’ethnicity’ and ’health’ (including medicine and nursing, public health, epidemiology, social sciences, population sciences, and statistics). Ethnicity & Health publishes original research and review articles that span the spectrum culture, religion, gender, class, migration, lifestyle and racism, in so far as they relate to health and its anthropological and social aspects. As an interdisciplinary journal, with the option of Open Access publication, all articles are rigorously peer-reviewed, brought to publication as rapidly as possible, and are freely available online immediately (Open Access option) upon publication. There is no charge for submitting a manuscript.
Becoming an Editorial Board Member for a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you have the opportunity to build your own networks, develop and promote the research in your field, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Thank you and we do hope that you accept our invitation to join the Editorial Board for Ethnicity and Health.
The journal is also currently recruiting for Peer Reviewers.
Dr. Tamara Baker, Editor-in-Chief
Dr. Giyeon Kim, Executive Editor
About the journal
Ethnicity & Health is an international academic journal designed to meet the world-wide interest in the health of ethnic groups. It embraces original papers from the full range of disciplines concerned with investigating the relationship between ’ethnicity’ and ’health’ (including medicine and nursing, public health, epidemiology, social sciences, population sciences, and statistics). The journal also covers issues of culture, religion, gender, class, migration, lifestyle and racism, in so far as they relate to health and its anthropological and social aspects.
The journal aims to:
- Deal with practice and policy in a thoughtful and critical way.
- Present empirical material in a way that considers theoretical issues in addition to implications for policy and practice, given the contested nature of both ’ethnicity’ and ’health’.
- Address the methodological problems that face both qualitative and quantitative studies in multi-cultural societies.
Key Skills and Attributes
Ready to apply? Here are the skills and attributes we are looking for in a successful applicant:
- The capacity to devote time each week to the role, and to attend Editorial Board meetings and training sessions as needed.
- The ability to confidently use an online peer review management system and ensure members of the editorial team do the same.
- Experience with working effectively with independent peer reviewers.
- The ability to read, summarize, and make decisions based on independent reviewer reports.
- A commitment to communicating promptly, consistently, and professionally with authors during the peer review process.
- A commitment to engaging promptly and efficiently with Taylor & Francis staff and suppliers to implement necessary processes and improvements.
- A strong commitment to ethical rigour as well as knowledge of the COPE guidelines and commitment to ensure that the journal adheres to strict ethical standards at all times.
- Actively involved in growing and developing your academic networks through conference attendance and experience of networking through social media.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the open access publishing environment.
- A vision and enthusiasm for the continuous development of the journal.
To be considered, we ask that you provide an updated CV, cover letter, and five to six key words describing your area(s) of expertise via the apply button below.
The journal is committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion within its editorial team and decision making processes. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential, and each will be judged on its merits without bias for seniority of institutional affiliation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.