Recruiting for Editor in Chief and wider editorial roles (Associate Editors, Editorial Board Members and Reviewers)
About the role
Taylor & Francis is looking to recruit an Editor in Chief for a new open access journal, Epigenetics Reports.
This role is a great opportunity for an academic with a strong research background in epigenetics and who also has the commitment, drive and ability to help develop and establish the new journal. As part of this role, you will be responsible for the oversight and administration of a rigorous and proper peer review process that delivers an agreed amount of content of suitable scope and quality within an agreed publication timeframe. The successful candidate will have significant editorial experience, ideally through having been a special issue guest editor, book editor, journal associate editor or editorial board member.
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you have the opportunity to build your own networks, develop and promote the research in your field, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
About the journal
We are launching Epigenetics Reports as a partner journal to the established and recently converted open access journal, Epigenetics. Building on the success of Epigenetics, Epigenetics Reports will publish papers across the broad spectrum of epigenetic research with a focus on short communications, opinion pieces and methodology papers. The journal will have distinct sections covering research into epigenetics and inheritance, epigenetics and disease, as well as new therapeutics and innovations in epigenetics, and developments in techniques and methodologies for epigenetics research. Epigenetics Reports will publish original research articles and reviews in addition to its short article formats. Taylor & Francis look forward to honing the final Aims & Scope with the successful applicant.
Key Skills and Attributes
Here are the skills and attributes we are looking for in a successful applicant:
- Experience in academic publishing and familiarity with all stages of the process.
- The capacity to devote time each week to the role, and to attend Editorial Board meetings and training sessions as needed.
- The ability to ensure all submitted manuscripts are considered in a prompt, consistent and professional manner.
- The ability to confidently use an online peer review management system and ensure members of the editorial team do the same.
- Experience of with working effectively with independent peer reviewers.
- Experience of commissioning high quality manuscripts from authors.
- The ability to read, summarize, and make decisions based on independent reviewer reports.
- A commitment to communicating promptly, consistently and professionally with authors during the peer review process.
- A commitment to engaging promptly and efficiently with Taylor & Francis staff and suppliers to implement necessary processes and improvements.
- A strong commitment to ethical rigour as well as knowledge of the COPE guidelines and commitment to ensure that the journal adheres to strict ethical standards at all times.
- A willingness to proactively lead the journal’s Editorial Board, to include arranging and leading Editorial Board meetings.
- A proven track record as a key opinion leader and known figure within your academic discipline.
- Actively involved in growing and developing your academic networks through conference attendance and experience of networking through social media.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the open access publishing environment.
- A vision and enthusiasm for the continuous development of the journal.
Applications should include your CV, a Cover Letter and a Vision Statement. Your Vision Statement should be no longer than 1 page and include:
- Where you believe the field is going, and what the journal’s place will be within it.
- How you would work in partnership with the Editorial Board.
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions.
- How you would work with authors.
We are looking to recruit as soon as possible, so early application is encouraged.
The journal is committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion within its editorial team and decision making processes. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential, and each will be judged on its merits without bias for seniority of institutional affiliation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.