Editor-in-Chief needed for
About the role
Drug Delivery is currently recruiting for an editor-in-chief. This role is a great opportunity for an academic with a strong research background in pharmaceutics, and who also has the commitment, drive and ability to help develop the journal. As part of this role, you will be responsible for the oversight and administration of a rigorous and proper peer review process that delivers an agreed amount of content of suitable scope and quality within an agreed publication timeframe.
Drug Delivery is a leading open access title in the field, with a journal impact factor of 6.0 (Q1) and Scopus Citescore of 8.7.
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you have the opportunity to build your own networks, develop and promote the research in your field, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
About the journal
Drug Delivery publishes open access peer-reviewed research on the development and application principles of drug delivery and targeting at molecular, cellular, and higher levels.
Drug Delivery aims to serve both the academic and industrial communities and accepts research on the following topics:
- All drug delivery systems, including oral, pulmonary, nasal, parenteral and transdermal delivery;
- All modes of drug entry, such as controlled release systems;
- Microcapsules, liposomes, vesicles, and macromolecular conjugates;
- Antibody targeting;
- Protein/peptide delivery;
- DNA, oligonucleotide and siRNA delivery.
Papers on drug dosage forms and their optimization will not be considered unless they directly relate to the original drug delivery issues listed above.
The journal publishes both original research and critical reviews. Drug Delivery operates a single anonymized peer review policy.
All articles will be made freely and permanently available online through gold open access publication.
Read the Instructions for Authors for information on how to submit your article.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Experience in academic publishing and familiarity with all stages of the process.
- The capacity to devote time each week to the role, and to attend Editorial Board meetings and training sessions as needed.
- The ability to ensure all submitted manuscripts are considered in a prompt, consistent and professional manner.
- The ability to confidently use an online peer review management system and ensure members of the editorial team do the same.
- Experience with working effectively with independent peer reviewers.
- The ability to read, summarize, and make decisions based on independent reviewer reports.
- A commitment to communicating promptly, consistently, and professionally with authors during the peer review process.
- A commitment to engaging promptly and efficiently with Taylor & Francis staff and suppliers to implement necessary processes and improvements.
- A strong commitment to ethical rigour as well as knowledge of the COPE guidelines and commitment to ensure that the journal adheres to strict ethical standards at all times.
- A willingness to proactively lead the journal’s Editorial Board, to include arranging and leading Editorial Board meetings.
- A proven track record as a key opinion leader and known figure within your academic discipline.
- Actively involved in growing and developing your academic networks through conference attendance and experience of networking through social media.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the open access publishing environment.
- A vision and enthusiasm for the continuous development of the journal
The role will formally begin from 01 April 2024.
A Role Profile for the editor in chief role is available on request. Applications should include your CV, a Cover Letter and a Vision Statement. Your Vision Statement should be no longer than 1 page and include:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the Editorial Board
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
- How you would work with authors.For any questions or the role profile, please contact Jade Boyd [email protected]
The journal is committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion within its editorial team and decision making processes. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential, and each will be judged on its merits without bias for seniority of institutional affiliation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.