Recruiting for Editor-in-Chief, Editorial Board Members
Expert Opinion on Emerging Drugs
About the role
Expert Opinion on Emerging Drugs is currently recruiting for a new Editor-in-Chief. This role is a great opportunity for an academic and/or industry-based researcher with a strong research background in Phase II and Phase III emerging drugs/drug classes (including experience in clinical trials) who also has the commitment, drive and ability to help develop the journal as it moves into the future.
The position of Editor-in-Chief is an exciting, multifarious, and diverse role, requiring a broad range of skills and experience. Not only would you be responsible for supporting the journal’s portfolio manager and commissioning editor across a range of editorial tasks, but you would also serve as a figurehead, promoting the journal at conferences, society events and within academic circles as well as by embodying the Taylor & Francis’ ethos of rigorous scientific integrity and strict ethical awareness. Alongside this, we expect a strong publication track record of your own as well as a demonstrable passion for academic publishing. An enjoyment of the process would be beneficial towards the role as well!
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
We also welcome applications for Editorial Board Members.
About the journal
Expert Opinion on Emerging Drugs is a MEDLINE-indexed, international journal publishing rigorously peer-reviewed review articles and original papers on Phase II and Phase III chemical and biological drugs emerging onto the market across all therapy areas. It is part of the Expert Collection from Taylor and Francis, the world’s largest series of medical review journals.
The journal addresses the needs of pharmaceutical and academic scientists, research planners, pharmaceutical product managers, clinical opinion leaders and healthcare planners – with each article including an expert opinion regarding the potential impact on the current management of specific diseases.
Key Skills and Attributes
- A proven track record as a key opinion leader and known figure within your scientific discipline.
- Actively involved in growing and developing your academic networks through conference attendance and experience of networking through social media.
- Significant experience of academic publishing and familiarity with all stages of the process.
- The desire to develop editorial skills further within the role and a willingness to engage in training to this effect.
- The capacity to devote time across each year for attending editorial board meetings and training sessions as needed.
- A vision and enthusiasm for the continuous development and transformation of the journal through understanding its commissioning and publication processes.
- A strong commitment to ethical rigor as well as knowledge of the ICMJE and COPE guidelines and commitment to ensure that the journal adheres to strict ethical standards at all times.
- A willingness to lead and spearhead a large editorial board through meetings and networking opportunities.
- A commitment to continuously ensure that editorial boards are comprised of responsive and involved members and that all areas of journal’s scope are fully covered.
- The confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions on behalf of the journal.
- A willingness to support the commissioning editor in generating topical and impactful article ideas and approaching experts in the field.
To discuss and or apply for the position of Editor-in-Chief, please forward your CV, a covering letter, and a vision statement to Liam Hobbins, [email protected], Portfolio Manager. Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- How you believe the field of Phase II and Phase III emerging drugs is developing and what the journal must do to be a part of this development. E.g. what new therapy areas you believe are becoming more important in the field and how the journal can ensure it covers them well.
- What you envision your relationship with the editorial board being and how you would manage these partnerships.
- How you would work to further engage authors and encourage more high-quality submissions to the journal.
- What you would do to manage the editorial processing of manuscripts to ensure that these duties are completed in a timely and ethical manner whilst also ensuring that the journal publishes high-impact research to help advance the field.
The journal is committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion within its editorial team and decision making processes. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential, and each will be judged on its merits without bias for seniority of institutional affiliation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.