Recruiting for Editor-in-Chief
College & Undergraduate Libraries
About the role
College & Undergraduate Libraries is looking for an Editor-in-Chief. This role is a great opportunity for someone with a strong background in librarianship, and who also has the commitment, drive and ability to help develop the journal. As part of this role, you will be responsible for the oversight and administration of a rigorous and proper peer review process that delivers an agreed amount of content of suitable scope and quality within an agreed publication timeframe.
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you have the opportunity to build your own networks, develop and promote the research in your field, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
About the journal
College & Undergraduate Libraries supports the continuous learning of academic library staff to become more effective professionals as they discover how to provide and assess outstanding, creative, and innovative services, resources, and facilities. The journal highlights the strategic foci of undergraduate learning through libraries along with collaborations and connections both on and off campus.
Academic library staff benefit from the journal’s research-based articles, case studies, reports of best practices, occasional literature or product reviews, and columns or special issues devoted to current topics.
Once a year, the journal highlights two-year colleges, both public and private, that work to educate people for both transfer to bachelor's conferring institutions and those entering work with an earned associate's degree.
Key Skills and Attributes
Interested in applying?
Here are the skills and attributes we are looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is an active member of the community.
- The ability to ensure all submitted manuscripts are considered in a prompt, consistent and professional manner.
- Experience with working effectively with independent peer reviewers.
- The ability to read, summarize, and make decisions based on independent reviewer reports.
- A commitment to communicating promptly, consistently, and professionally with authors during the peer review process.
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with Editorial Board Members.
- A willingness to proactively lead the journal's Editorial Board, to include arranging and leading Editorial Board meetings.
- Actively involved in subject communities, identifying emerging research trends, and awareness and understanding of major developments in the publishing industry.
- A vision and enthusiasm for the continuous development of the journal.
Please submit your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement via the ‘Apply’ button below.
Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the editorial board and select new board members
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
- How you would work with authors
The journal is committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion within its editorial team and decision making processes. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential, and each will be judged on its merits without bias for seniority of institutional affiliation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.