Recruiting for Recruiting for Senior Editor, Editors and Reviewers - Visual and Performing Arts
Cogent Arts & Humanities
About the role
The journal is currently recruiting for a Senior Editor in Visual & Performing Arts. The scope of the section covers broad research across the visual and performing arts and texts. The section encourages submissions that explore any form of performance studies and theories, in context within their wider interdisciplinary cultural and sociological contexts. Research fields include contemporary arts, exhibitions, music, dance, critical theory, technology, and theatre studies.
The journal seeks to appoint Senior Editors with strong academic backgrounds and publishing experience, as well as the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change. Senior Editors will lead and take responsibility for their assigned sections.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the editorial oversight of their assigned sections: coordinating the peer-review process, recruiting a team of Editors to assist with peer-review coordination, and commissioning high quality submissions to the journal. The Senior Editors will uphold the highest standards of scholarship for the journal, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics.
Taylor & Francis will support you in all aspects of the role. We provide training and support on all editorial processes and system, including the journal online editorial office system, Editorial Manager, which manages the peer-review process. We will provide you with regular journal performance data to inform your strategic decision-making, and offer guidance on strategic journal development, publishing ethics, and developments within the publishing landscape.
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community. It is a significant role, with a high profile, but one that we believe is compatible with an existing academic timetable.
We’re also seeking new Peer Reviewers and Editors. Make your application through the Apply button on screen.
About the journal
Cogent Arts & Humanities, part of Taylor & Francis/Routledge, is a multidisciplinary open access journal that strives for inclusivity and global reach. The broad scope of the journal creates a perfect environment to foster connections between researchers across all areas of arts and humanities research, from culture, media and film, history, literature and linguistics, philosophy, religion, and the visual and performing arts. The journal is well-established, and we are now looking to increase its impact in the field.
Through open access publishing, we bring sound and scholarly research to people across the globe. Our Senior Editors lead an expert and diverse international editorial board who undertake objective and constructive peer review. Each submission is evaluated on its own scholarly merit and research integrity. A range of article types are accepted, including reviews, letters and replication studies.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Experience in academic publishing and familiarity with all stages of the process.
- The capacity to devote time each week to the role, and to attend Editorial Board meetings and training sessions as needed.
- The ability to ensure all submitted manuscripts are considered in a prompt, consistent and professional manner.
- The ability to confidently use an online peer review management system and ensure members of the editorial team do the same.
- Experience with working effectively with independent peer reviewers.
- The ability to read, summarize, and make decisions based on independent reviewer reports.
- A commitment to communicating promptly, consistently, and professionally with authors during the peer review process.
- A commitment to engaging promptly and efficiently with Taylor & Francis staff and suppliers to implement necessary processes and improvements.
- A strong commitment to ethical rigour as well as knowledge of the COPE guidelines and commitment to ensure that the journal adheres to strict ethical standards at all times.
- A proven track record as a key opinion leader and known figure within your academic discipline.
- Actively involved in growing and developing your academic networks through conference attendance and experience of networking through social media.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the open access publishing environment.
- A vision and enthusiasm for the continuous development of the journal.
Submitting your application for Senior Editor
Apply now for the position of Senior Editor through the link below. You will need to include your CV and a vision statement. For any questions, please contact Niamh Bowe.
Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the editorial board
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
- How you would work with authors
The Senior Editor roles will informally begin immediately, and formally begin from April 2023.
The journal is committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion within its editorial team and decision making processes. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential, and each will be judged on its merits without bias for seniority of institutional affiliation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.