Recruiting for Associate Editor
Journal of Sport Psychology in Action
About the role
The Journal of Sport Psychology in Action (JSPA) is seeking to fill an Associate Editor position for a 3-year term with a start date of January 1, 2023.
The responsibilities of the JSPA Associate Editor include the following tasks:
- Enhance the productivity and performance of JSPA (e.g., increase submission rates, visibility of JSPA to potential contributors and readers, etc.)
- Assign manuscripts to Editorial Board members and reviewers.
- Make decisions about manuscripts based on recommendations from the Editorial Board and reviewers.
- Oversee AASP and APA ethical codes and APA and JSPA guidelines as they pertain to the journal operations.
- Nominate potential Associate Editors and Editorial Board members to the JSPA Editor-in-Chief.
Associate Editor positions are three years in length with the potential for reappointment to a second term upon review and carry an annual stipend.
About the journal
The JSPA aims to provide psychology practitioners involved in the sport industry with sound information that is immediately applicable to their work. It provides sport psychologists with useful and sensible informed guidance that will make a difference in their practice. The scope of JSPA is any information that assists sport psychology practitioners in better understanding, assessing, and intervening with clients (individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities) to promote more effective functioning.
JSPA is a non-proprietary journal that is one of the official publications of the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP). Access to the journal is a direct benefit of membership in AASP and is received by its student and professional members. The publisher of the JSPA is Taylor and Francis, Philadelphia, PA.
Key Skills and Attributes
The successful applicant will demonstrate evidence of the following:
- A doctoral-level qualification in applied sport/performance psychology or related area.
- Editorial Board (or commensurate) experience for peer review journals.
- Experience as an applied practitioner and/or understanding of the science-to-practice framework.
- A thorough knowledge of expertise in multiple areas of applied sport and performance psychology.
- Experience having published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Hold a current professional membership with AASP or be working towards professional membership in time for the commencement of the position.
Please submit the following in a single-PDF file:
- A brief (500-word maximum) statement of interest that addresses their fit for the role.
- A two-page summary of their curriculum vitae/resume.
Applications will be evaluated by the JSPA Editor-in-Chief, a JSPA editorial panel, and the AASP Publication/Information Division Head.
Enquiries about the position should be sent to Dr. Robert Schinke JSPA Editor-in-Chief.
The application deadline is December 14, 2022 at 12 noon (GMT).
Apply via the link below:
The journal is committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion within its editorial team and decision making processes. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential, and each will be judged on its merits without bias for seniority of institutional affiliation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.