Associate Editor, EBMs and reviewers needed for
Applied Artificial Intelligence
About the role
Applied Artificial Intelligence is currently recruiting for Associate Editors. This role is a great opportunity for an academic with a strong background in the fields of applied research and applications of artificial intelligence.
We specifically welcome applications in the following areas:
- Applications of Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing and applications
- Applications of GenerativeAI
- AI applications to Digital Health
- Engineering applications of AI, such as robotics, smart manufacturing, smart agriculture, etc.
- Cybersecurity and AI
The Associate Editors must have the commitment, drive and ability to develop and grow the journal. As part of this role, you will be responsible for the oversight and administration of a rigorous and proper peer review process that delivers an agreed amount of content of suitable scope and quality within an agreed publication timeframe through use of the Journal’s online submission and peer review system, in accordance with the Taylor & Francis Editor Code of Conduct, with particular reference to Editorial ethics.
The Associate Editor is responsible for the following activities:
- Regular and confident use of an online peer review management system.
- Adhering to the Journal’s Guidelines on Publishing Ethics to assure the integrity and reputation of the Journal is maintained.
- Reading and summarizing reviewer feedback and making decisions or recommendations to the Editor-in-Chief about acceptance, rejection, or revision on referees’ reports, to ensure high quality peer review feedback is provided to authors as well as communicating this in writing to authors in a professional manner and within a reasonable period.
- Requesting further reports for subsequently revised papers, communicating as necessary authors’ responses and arguments.
- Communicating promptly, consistently and professionally with authors during the peer review and publication process.
- Acting proactively on any expressions of concern or allegations of research misconduct received about content published in the Journal, assisting and working with Taylor & Francis to resolve these according to the Journal’s Guidelines on Publishing Ethics.
- Planning and organising Article Collections for the Journal in collaboration with the Commissioning Editor.
Becoming Associate Editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you have the opportunity to expand your network, shape the direction of the research in your field, promoting the most interesting findings, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
The journal also welcomes Editorial Board Member and reviewer applications. Apply through the same link on screen.
About the journal
Applied Artificial Intelligence is a high-quality, journal that comprehensively covers the latest research in the wide field of applied research and applications of artificial intelligence (AI).
Articles highlight advances in uses of AI systems for solving tasks in management, industry, engineering, administration, and education; evaluations of existing AI systems and tools, emphasizing comparative studies and user experiences; and the economic, social, and cultural impacts of AI.
Please note that from 2022 the Print ISSN is not in active use as this journal is no longer published in print and that Applied Artificial Intelligence converted to a full Open Access journal from Volume 36 (2022).
The Journal has a 2.8 (2022) Impact Factor and a 3.7 (2022) CiteScore (Scopus), attracting a wide range of quality submissions.
Key Skills and Attributes
Ready to apply? Here are the essential skills and attributes we are looking for in a successful applicant:
- Experience in academic publishing and familiarity with all stages of the process.
- The capacity to devote time each week to the role, and to attend Editorial Board meetings and training sessions throughout each year as needed.
- The ability to confidently use an online peer review management system and to ensure all submitted manuscripts are considered in a prompt, consistent and professional manner.
- Experience with working effectively with independent peer reviewers.
- The ability to read, summarize, and make decisions based on independent reviewer reports.
- A commitment to communicating promptly, consistently, and professionally with authors and Taylor & Francis staff during the peer review process.
- A strong commitment to ethical rigour as well as knowledge of the COPE guidelines and commitment to ensure that the journal adheres to strict ethical standards at all times.
- Actively involved in growing and developing your academic networks through conference attendance and experience of networking through social media.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the open access publishing environment.
- A vision and enthusiasm for the continuous development of the journal.
If you would like to apply for the position, please submit your CV and covering letter for the journal via the link below by 29th February 2024.
Please note that the covering letter must be two pages long, outlining:
- why you are interested in this position,
- your views of where the journal is currently and where it is heading in the next 3-5 years,
- your ideas about developing and growing the journal
For further information on the role, please contact Aliki Moysiadi ([email protected])
The journal is committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion within its editorial team and decision making processes. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential, and each will be judged on its merits without bias for seniority of institutional affiliation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.