Edge Analytics and Big Data for Smart Automation
Interested in contributing a paper?
Edge analytics is a rapidly expanding research area spanning the fields of information management, big data processing, and has become a ubiquitous term to extend the computing infrastructure to the network edges in order to provide automation in different interdisciplinary fields of engineering and smart industries. A typical smart automation process generates large datasets which becomes difficult to process using traditional computing technologies. To tackle this issue big data technologies are pervasively used to leverage a smart big data automation processes into existence.
Recently, edge analytics and big data technologies are integrated to build smart automated industrial architectures which delivers valuable insights derived from finding new innovative patterns and smart decision making techniques in order to enable an enhanced operational efficiency. This integration of edge analytics and big data is emerging as a new paradigm for Original Equipment Manufacturers [OEM] and system integrators to incorporate big data analytics on the edge/cloud/industrial data centres. With its advanced feature of distributed processing and predictive maintenance, the smart industries are tends to perform local decision making processes and control which enhances the efficacy, throughput and performance of smart automation processes. Moreover, Edge analytics can be seen as an interface between cloud and smart industrial applications.
From the innovations in edge cloud offloading, Smart automated UAVs to smart big data automation techniques, it is evident that big data and edge analytics are revolutionizing automation process in various applications of Information and Communication Technologies [ICT]. Furthermore, since the edge devices can be easily deployed at the network edge with a much lower cost than the cloud servers, it has gained an increasing attention from industrialists and researchers. Despite the hype, Edge analytics and big data analysis also faces some challenges in implementing secure edge computing techniques for smart automation processes.
This special issue intends mainly to solicit the state-of-the-art researches from both academics and industries, with the emphasis on the current developments and future trends in using edge analytics and big data processing for smart automation processes.
Potential Topics of Interest include, but are not limited to:
- Edge computing architectures and solution design for smart automation.
- Distributed processing techniques.
- Smart decision making techniques.
- Communication and networking protocols for edge environment.
- Key management in edge computing resources.
- Big data analytics for smart workload management.
- Smart energy management resources.
- IoT based smart automation and monitoring technologies.
- Secured authentication and automation techniques.
- Edge cloud offloading algorithms and models.
- Edge of Things and smart industries.
- Industrial edge computing in cloud platform.
- Automated UAVs and industrial drones for surveillance.
International Journal of Computers and Applications
The International Journal of Computers and Applications (IJCA) is a unique platform for publishing novel ideas, research outcomes and fundamental advances in all aspects of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Computer Applications.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis
- Manuscript submission deadline: 20 July 2019
- Notification of Acceptance/Rejection/Revision: 20 September 2019
- Final Manuscript Due: 20 November 2019
Principal Guest Editor
Dr. P. Karrupusamy,
Professor, Surya Engineering College, Electrical and Electronics Engineering,
Mettukadai, Erode, India.