East European Politics
Special Issues and Symposia
East European Politics welcomes high-quality and cutting-edge proposals for themed special issues. Our policy is to consider only promising proposals that are within our scope. A special issue will typically comprise 8 articles, plus a 5,000-word introduction. We also run symposia of 3, 4 or 5 articles, plus a shorter introduction. The upper word limit for each manuscript is 8,000 words.
Our main criteria for selecting special issue proposals are:
- (Expected) quality and impact of the articles and overall volume;
- Originality of the theme and/or the methodology of the research in relation to extant scholarship.
We strongly encourage that all proposals are balanced in terms of gender, career stage, and location. We particularly welcome contributions from scholars working in East European institutions.
Please submit your proposal to email@example.com. The proposal should include the following:
- An overview of the proposed volume, including reference to the points raised above;
- Names and affiliations of all authors;
- 200-word abstracts for each proposed article;
- A list of proposed reviewers for each piece, none of whom is linked to the contributors through institutional affiliations and work collaborations (past or present);
- A timetable to the final submission.
The final decision on publication and scheduling remains with the Journal editors and the publisher.