Call for Editorial Board Members
Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education
Deadline: June, 2020
The Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education (JECTE) is the official journal of the National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators (NAECTE). The journal’s purpose is to provide a forum for consideration of issues and for exchange of information and ideas about research and practice in early childhood teacher education. Teacher education can focus on pre-service teacher preparation and in-service professional development. For the purposes of manuscripts published in JECTE, early childhood education generally is considered from birth through grade 3. JECTE welcomes research manuscripts and reflective reports on innovative teacher education practices.
Appointments to the Editorial Board are for a 4-year period and may be renewed. Membership on the Editorial Board requires an active membership in NAECTE. Persons under consideration for appointment to the JECTE Editorial Board can join NAECTE to assure their eligibility for appointment.
The Editorial Board members activities include:
- providing leadership for the journal,
- approving special issue topics,
- attending semi-annual JECTE annual board meetings,
- reviewing 5 to 7 manuscripts yearly, and
- serving on the Distinguished Article review team on a rotating basis
The following are criteria for selection of board members:
- Teacher educator at a four-year institution of higher education or graduate school of education
- Prior experience with publishing in and reviewing for peer-review publications
- Access to and capacity for completing reviews in the online publication system
For more information about the journal and to view recent issues, please go to the journal homepage.
Researchers interested in joining the Editorial Board should contact Karen M. La Paro (Editor-in-Chief).
Applications should be submitted, by June 2020. Application materials should include:
- Curriculum Vita
- Short statement of interest
- List of journals for which you have reviewed manuscripts