Want to be Executive Editor of Dance Chronicle?
Deadline: 1 May 2019
Applicants should have an established record of published scholarship in the field of dance studies; previous editorial experience; and strong organizational, networking, and communication skills.
Working in conjunction with the editor-in-chief and the associate editor, the executive editor will:
- Spearhead calls for research articles for publication in special issues designed to expand interdisciplinary and disciplinary discourses in relation to dance studies;
- Shepherd research manuscripts through rigorous, double blind peer review guided by the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE);
- Combining expert editorial guidance with good mentorship, help scholars to reach the highest standards of research and writing in their manuscripts;
- Ensure that ethical research protocols have been followed, necessary permissions obtained, and in all ways scholarly integrity maintained;
- Help administrate Dance Chronicle’s biennial Founding Editors’ Awards, whose goal is to encourage the highest quality scholarship in dance history research (broadly defined) among scholars at the early phase of their careers;
- Assign books for review and write one yourself as time permits;
- Represent Dance Chronicle at scholarly conferences and in other professional venues.
In 2019 the executive editor will receive training on the Editorial Manager—a program designed to manage the peer review process; steer several manuscripts through peer review; and edit two manuscripts under the guidance of the current editors. Beginning in 2020, for a term of two years (renewable), the executive editor, working with Dance Chronicle and Taylor & Francis staff, will serve an integral role in regular operations designed to produce three issues per year of the journal.
A peer-reviewed journal with an international advisory board, Dance Chronicle is in its 42nd year of publication.
To apply please submit a letter of application and an updated CV to Geraldine Richards at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on May 1, 2019.
Joellen A. Meglin