Call for Book Review Editor
Music Education Research
About the role
We are looking for a new Book Review Editor with an academic background in Music Education as well as the ability to commission book reviews and manage the review process for book review manuscripts.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on book review submissions in collaboration with the journal Editorial team and their fellow Book Review Editor. The new Book Review Editor will have authority, under the supervision of the Editor-in-Chief, to accept book review articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that book review authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
• Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks;
• Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality book review submissions;
• Strong organizational skills to ensure that book review submissions are handled in a timely manner;
• The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as the Editor-in-Chief, other Book Review Editors, and the Editorial Assistant;
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Book Review Editor, please forward your CV and a covering letter to the journal Portfolio Manager, Kerry Boyles ([email protected]).
Your cover letter should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
• Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it;
• How you would maintain and increase the quality of Book Review submissions;
• How you would work with authors.
Music Education Research provides an international forum for cross-cultural investigations and discussions relating to all areas of music education.