The Maureen Harrington Fund for Promoting Leisure Studies
An annual fund of £2,000-£4,000 is available from the Leisure StudiesEditorial Board (LSEB) to promote the journal Leisure Studies, the disciplinary field of leisure studies, and the impact of leisure studies scholarship.
Interested parties are invited to submit a 3-page proposal by midnight on 1st December annually. Proposals must include the following sections: title, rationale, aims & objectives, details of project, timeline, costings/budget, outcomes, membership of associations/academic communities, and 1-page CV.
Funds will be awarded annually following the LSEB mid-January meeting.
Applications might include funding for the following:
- Research-related activities
- Forums, symposiums, seminars, one-day conferences
- National and International Networks
- Early Career Researcher (ECR) and PhD student events, activities, scholarship
Applications will be judged against the following criteria:
- Clarity and coherence of proposed project
- Realistic costings/budget (where appropriate, evidence of match funding)
- Strength of aims and objectives vis-à-vis the promotion of Leisure Studies (journal, discipline, scholarship & impact)
- Originality and creativity
- Evidence of dissemination of material (where appropriate, plans to submit to Leisure Studies)
- Relative track record of applicants (1-page CV), and evidence of membership of a leisure-related association (e.g., member of LSA, ANZALS, CALS, TALS)
- Managing Editor: Jayne Caudwell, Bournemouth University, UK
- Managing Editor: Heather Gibson, University of Florida, USA
- Managing Editor: Andy Smith, Edge Hill University, UK