Virtual & Physical Prototyping
Call for Papers
Virtual and Physical Prototyping is online only. The journal welcomes authors to submit supplementary data sets, colour images, animation and videos to publish with your articles to enhance the content experience of the journal.
Virtual and Physical Prototyping provides an international forum for professionals and academics to exchange novel ideas and disseminate knowledge covering the full range of activities related to the multi-disciplinary area of virtual and rapid prototyping. Areas of focus include but are not limited to:
- CAD and 3D data acquisition technologies: fast geometrical modelling schemes, 3D digitising, 3D scanning, X-ray tomography, photogrammetry, image-based modelling systems
- Design for additive manufacturing: design rules, design algorithms, topology design and optimisation, lightweight design, multi-functional design, meso-structures, deployable structures, biomimetic design, functionally graded structures
- Virtual environments: virtual engineering and manufacturing, virtual enterprise engineering, Internet-based product development, additive manufacturing simulation and optimisation, new methods for virtual prototyping
- Rapid prototyping and tooling: advances on material removal and addition technologies, research on new rapid prototyping technologies, micromachining, nanofabrication, high speed machine technology
- Additive manufacturing technology: advances in 3D printing technologies, large-area additive manufacturing, hybrid manufacturing, multi-material 3D printing, process modelling and optimisation for additive manufacturing, 4D printing, biomanufacturing
- Rapid manufacturing and quality control: research on small batch production methods, in-process monitoring and qualification, systems for direct manufacturing of metallic and ceramic components, quality assurance, non-destructive test methods, manufacturing plan, production environment and safety
- Advanced 3D printing materials: biological materials or biomaterials for biomedical applications, functional materials for engineering applications, 2D materials for electronic applications, shape memory materials and/or programmable materials for 4D printing applications, concrete materials for building and construction
- Concurrent engineering: concurrent engineering in virtual environment, frameworks for information sharing, collaborative decision-making in concurrent engineering, concurrent design and manufacture
- Miscellaneous: e-manufacturing/Internet of things, legal perspectives on additive manufacturing, economics of 3D printing, social and environmental implications, case studies of 3D printing, etc.
All published research articles in this journal have undergone rigorous peer review, based on initial editor screening and anonymous refereeing by independent expert referees.
This journal uses ScholarOne Manuscripts (previously Manuscript Central) to peer review manuscript submissions. Please read the guide for ScholarOne authors before making a submission. Complete guidelines for preparing and submitting your manuscript to this journal are provided below.
Use these instructions if you are preparing a manuscript to submit to Virtual and Physical Prototyping. To explore our journals portfolio, visit www.tandfonline.com/nvpp, and for more author resources, visit our Author Services website.
Virtual and Physical Prototyping considers all manuscripts on the strict condition that:
- the manuscript is your own original work, and does not duplicate any other previously published work, including your own previously published work.
- the manuscript has been submitted only to Virtual and Physical Prototyping; it is not under consideration or peer review or accepted for publication or in press or published elsewhere.
- the manuscript contains nothing that is abusive, defamatory, libellous, obscene, fraudulent, or illegal.
Please note that Virtual and Physical Prototyping uses CrossCheck™ software to screen manuscripts for unoriginal material. By submitting your manuscript to Virtual and Physical Prototyping you are agreeing to any necessary originality checks your manuscript may have to undergo during the peer-review and production processes.
- Editor-in-Chief: Paulo Jorge da Silva Bártolo, School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering, The University of Manchester, UK (email@example.com)
- Editor-in-Chief: Chee Kai Chua, Division of Systems & Engineering Management, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (MCKCHUA@ntu.edu.sg