International Journal of Computers and Applications
Recent Trends in Soft Computing Techniques for Multimedia Signal Processing and Analysis
Deadline: 15 March 2019
The increasing availability of huge image collections in different application fields, such as medical diagnosis, remote sensing, transmission and encoding, machine/robot vision, video processing, microscopic imaging has pressed the need, in the last few last years, for the development of efficient techniques capable of managing/processing large collection of image data, and which are suitable for analysis, indexing and retrieval of image data.
Classical image processing methods often face great difficulties while dealing with images containing noise and distortions. Under such conditions, neutrosophic sets and logic turn out to be effective to address challenging real-world image processing problems.
The management of uncertainty in decision making problems is a very challenging research issue, because deterministic or probabilistic classical decision approaches quite often do not fit well to real world decision making problems. In spite of the existence of many tools to model and manage such an uncertainty depending on the uncertain situation, some tools may be more suitable than others. Recently, the concepts of neutrosophic sets and logic were introduced which are the generalizations of fuzzy and intuitionistic fuzzy sets and logic to solve many real-life problems that involve uncertainty, impreciseness, vagueness, incompleteness, inconsistent, and indeterminacy. A number of new neutrosophic theories have been proposed and have been applied to Multi-criteria decision making, computational intelligence, image processing, medical diagnosis, fault diagnosis, optimization design, and so on.
The main objective of this special issue is to show the potential of neutrosophic techniques in challenging applications involving tasks related to understanding, representing, and processing digital images.
This special issue will focus on the exploration of the fundamental roles, as well as practical impacts of neutrosophic techniques, in the field of image processing. Prospective authors are invited to submit previously unpublished works in these areas.
- Applications of neutrosophic logic in image processing
- Neutrosophic logic for feature learning, classification, regression, and clustering
- Neutrosophic knowledge retrieval of medical images
- Neutrosophic set theory for large-scale image and multimedia processing
- Neutrosophic set theory for brain-machine interfaces and medical signal analysis
- Biomedical image mining
- Applications of neutrosophic theory in large-scale healthcare data
- Medical imaging and pattern recognition
- Low-medium level image processing: Contrast enhancement, edge detection, noise detection and removal, segmentation, geometric measurement, and clustering of image data
- High-level image/scene analysis: Pattern recognition and scene description, modeling of image data, object matching, image annotation, and image retrieval
- Real-world applications, such as medical/biological image segmentation, face recognition, industrial product inspection, automated surveillance, finger print and biometric security systems.
Submission Deadline: 15-March 2019
Review Notification: 15 June 2019
Final Paper Due: August 2019
- Principal Guest Editor: Mohamed Abdel-Basset, Department of Operations Research and Decision Support, Faculty of Computers and Informatics, Zagazig University, Egypt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Co-Editor: Florentin Smarandache, Department of Mathematics and Sciences, University of New Mexico, 705 Gurley Ave., Gallup, NM 87301, USA (email@example.com)
- Co-Editor: Ibrahim Hezam, Department of Mathematics, Ibb University, Ibb, Yemen(firstname.lastname@example.org )