International Journal of Computers and Applications
Contribute to our special issue on Information, Knowledge, and Semantics for Mobile edge computing
Deadline: 20 August 2019
In recent years, researchers have perceived the rapid deployment of Mobile Edge Computing [MEC] in various industries. The futuristic mobile edge computing systems has gained an increasing area of interest for its number of challenging characteristics such as adaptability, flexibility, efficiency, safety, usability, security and distributive frameworks. As the innovative distributive computing framework, mobile edge computing processes massive information by enabling cloud computing capabilities at the edge of the network to enable an effective data exchange strategies. Edge networks are considered as a key contributor for processing data with reduced network congestion.
To handle the data effectively there are various cutting-edge technologies to analyse and extract useful knowledge from a large data streams. Hence to promote the benefits of mobile edge computing in industries, identification of resources, integration of heterogeneous data and knowledge based decision making systems are required. By using Artificial Intelligence [AI] based knowledge mining techniques in mobile edge computing, industries can facilitate leveraging benefits of edge computing , ubiquitous computing, service oriented computing platform and intelligent business models.
This special issue is intended to the novel research works that implements mobile edge computing architectures and services in industries and new methods to enhance network operation and management:
- Intelligent applications of mobile edge computing in industries.
- Enterprise knowledge management in mobile edge computing platform.
- Semantic interoperability techniques in mobile edge computing.
- Security and privacy challenges in mobile edge computing.
- Knowledge retrieving and sharing mechanisms in the mobile edge computing platform.
- Business processing models using edge networks.
- Information system management in mobile edge networks.
- Data integration techniques in mobile edge networks.
- Edge network communication protocols.
- Artificial Intelligence [AI] based information processing techniques.
- Data analytics in mobile edge computing.
- Reasoning algorithms for knowledge based systems.
- Context awareness in mobile edge computing.
- Manuscript submission deadline: 20th August 2019
- Notification of Acceptance/Rejection/Revision: 20th October 2019
- Final Manuscript Due: 20th December 2019
- Tentative Publication Date: January 2020
- Principal Guest Editor: V. Suma, Research and Industry Incubation Center, Department of Information Science and Engineering, Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Shavige Malleshwara Hills, Kumaraswamy Layout, Bangalore, 5600078, India. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Guest Editor: Noureddine Bouhmala, Department of Technology and Maritime Innovation, University of Southeast, Norway (USN), Raveien 197 , Horten. (Noureddine.Bouhmala@usn.no)
- Guest Editor: Fuqian Shi, Wenzhou Medical University, College of Information and Engineering, 7B-219, Chashan Campus, Wenzhou City - 325035. P.R. China. (email@example.com)