Intelligent Buildings International
Contribute to our special issue on Constructing Smart Cities
It is our privilege to inform you that the CIB World Building Congress (WBC) 2019 will be held in Hong Kong from 17 to 21 June 2019. The Congress is jointly hosted by the International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction (CIB) and the Hong Kong Polytechnic University’s Department of Building and Real Estate (BRE).
Led by the theme ‘Constructing Smart Cities’, the CIB World Building Congress 2019 will provide a platform to explore the evolution of smart city development and it role in society. This triennial congress will focus on 8 sub-themes:
- Smart Utilities and Facilities Management
- Smart Governance, Policy and Economy
- Smart Environment
- Smart Service
- Smart Buildings and Infrastructure
- Smart Transportation and Mobility
- Smart People and Living
- Smart Planning, Design and Construction
Parallel sessions for a number of CIB Working Commissions and Task Groups will also be held concurrently.
Building and construction industry specialists, researchers, academics and policymakers will convene in Hong Kong for the 5-day World Building Congress. Local, regional and internationally renowned industry specialists will deliver keynote talks, case studies and dynamic presentations to reveal the latest smart building, construction and infrastructure trends, practices and developments.
The CIB World Building Congress is regarded as the leading construction research and innovation conference worldwide. Panel discussions, workshops, networking events and site tours will offer participants invaluable opportunities to interact and meet industry peers from across the globe and gain knowledge and insights into creating the smarter and more sustainable cities of the future.
The Organising Committee is working towards inviting quality submissions for the Congress. There will be two levels of vetting, firstly at the abstract submission stage and secondly, on the full papers. A 150-strong group of renowned scholars in related fields all over the world have agreed to act as Scientific Committee (SC) members undertaking the important tasks of reviewing the full papers. Acceptance of full papers will be subjected to the comments of SC reviewers being taken on board by the submitting authors.
During presentations of the accepted papers, authors may also take the precious opportunities to obtain useful feedback from the audiences, who specific parallel sessions take their special interest to attend.
The SC will nominate good quality papers for the authors’ consideration of onward submission (with further amendments if they think fit) to a Special Issue as designated by the Journal and we expect the normal reviewing process of the Journal will then prevail.
Subject to your kind confirmation, the OC would like to inform the Special Issue arrangement on its conference website so that potential authors will be aware of it when they submit their abstracts or full papers.
- May 2018 - Invitation for submission of abstracts
- June, 2018 - Confirmation of acceptance of abstract and invitation for submission of full papers
- End-Sept, 2018 - Deadline for submission of abstracts
- Mid-Feb, 2019 - Deadline for submission of full papers for review
- June, 2019 - Congress dates
- From July, 2019 - Nomination of good quality papers
- WBC 2019 OC Chairman: NI Meng, Associate Head (Research), Dept of Building & Real Estate, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Scientific Committee Chair: LAM Patrick, Dept of Building & Real Estate, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong (email@example.com)
- Editor-In-Chief: Derek Clements-Croome, School of the Built Environment, The University of Reading(firstname.lastname@example.org)