Journal of Jewish Education
Call for Papers: Special Issue
Deadline: 2 November 2018
The editors of the Journal of Jewish Education are interested in receiving papers that address the lives, educational experiences, attitudes, interests, and affiliations of Jewish adolescents.
Adolescence has long been considered a time of change and development. In this themed issue of the Journal of Jewish Education we seek to explore topics related to Jewish adolescents in this moment in time. How do new contexts shape what it means to be a Jewish adolescent?
We seek submissions of thoughtful empirical investigations of Jewish adolescents, as well as adolescents in Jewish settings. We are open to a variety of considerations about what constitutes the period of adolescence, spanning approximately the ages of eleven through twenty-one. The papers should explicitly concern Jewish education or educational settings, or should address implications for practice in these contexts.
We welcome papers from a range of disciplinary perspectives. Submissions are invited from historical, anthropological, sociological, educational, performance, philosophical, or psychological perspectives, across methodological frameworks, and focused on both historical and contemporary phenomena. Topics might include, but are not limited to:
- well-being and resilience
- religiosity and spirituality
- development of Jewish identity
- technology and social media
- relationships with family, peers, adult mentors, counselors, and teachers
- Jewish adolescence outside of the United States and Canada
Intents to submit requested by November 2, 2018
Manuscripts due by May 31, 2019
Intents should be sent to JournalofJEd@gmail.com and should include the name of the author(s), author contact information, and a working title. Manuscripts should be submitted according to the instructions for authors available online at the Journal of Jewish Education website.
Specific questions regarding submissions should be directed to: email@example.com
- Senior Editor: Helena Miller, London School of Jewish Studies
- Managing Editor: Susan Kittner Huntting
- Editor of Themed Issue: David Bryfman
- Editor of Themed Issue: Arielle Levites
- Editor of Themed Issue: Alex Pomson