Policy Reviews in Higher Education
Call for Papers
Aims and Objectives of the Journal
The journal publishes in-depth accounts of significant areas of policy development affecting higher education internationally. Authors from a range of disciplinary backgrounds analyse higher education from fresh perspectives, including drawing on concepts and theories from other academic fields.
Policy here is conceived as relevant to all areas of higher education activity, including transnational education, university governance and leadership, quality assurance and enhancement, academic work, curriculum development and student learning, occurring at the local, regional, national and international levels. Comparative analyses across higher education systems are particularly encouraged.
Contributions are invited which are:
- original and provide in-depth analysis
- historically grounded and forward-looking
- reflections on implications for policy broadly
- presented in a style accessible for an international readership
- between 8,000 and 12,000 words
- Financing HE and the optimal balance between private and public funding
- Changing meanings of ‘public’ and ‘private’ in higher education
- Transitions within post-secondary education and implications for social mobility
- Access and the impact of HE on social mobility
- Distance and online provision
- Student engagement policies and practices
- Research, science and innovation policies
- Policy making, borrowing, adaptation and transnational policy flows
- The development of doctoral study
- The academic profession, academic work and careers
- Private universities and colleges
- The development of research ethics policy
- Accountability and quality assurance
- Teaching and learning strategies
- Assessment and feedback policies
- Community engagement and citizenship education
- Cross border and off-shore provision including international branch campuses
Featured Journals from Routledge Education
We are proud to present our Education Highlight Reel!
Has your favorite journal's Impact Factor increased? Are you following the best accounts on Social Media?
You can find out here! Take a few minutes to see the latest updates in our Education portfolio.