Teaching Artist Journal
Call for Papers
The Teaching Artist Journal is a print and online quarterly devoted to the work and thought of teaching artists and all those working at the intersections of arts and learning. TAJ is published by Routledge.
The mission of the Teaching Artist Journal is as follows:
- To advance and document innovative and effective teaching artistry.
- To serve as a vital international forum, promote interdisciplinary critical-praxis, and connect diverse teaching artists through new methods, theories, and models.
- To advocate for the complex interests of teaching artists and their constituents.
- To share field-specific artistic, educative, and psycho-social insights with theorists and practitioners within broader areas of study.
- To celebrate achievements in the field.
- To advocate for access to arts experiences for all.
TAJ articles tend to fall under one of the following categories:
- Teaching Artistry: Research, Theory, Practice
- From the Field: Reflection & Innovation
- Social Justice & Teaching Artistry
- Resource Exchange: Reviews of Books, Conferences, Professional Development, and More
- A Year in the Life (Journey through the year with a teaching artist)
If you have questions about submitting an article to TAJ, contact:
Amy Cordileone, Chief Editor