Teachers and Teaching: Theory and Practice
Call for Proposals: Special Issue
Deadline: 28 February 2019
Teachers and Teaching: theory and practice (TTTP) is inviting potential Guest Editors to submit proposals for a Special Issue, to be published during 2020 or 2021. The journal is particularly interested to receive proposals from those interested in guest editing an Issue on any of the following themes:
- teacher wellbeing;
- teacher recruitment and retention;
- equity issues in schools;
- teaching and learning in university education departments;
- the role of middle leadership;
- raising standards or devaluing teachers; and/or,
- continuing professional development.
Potential Guest Editors should submit a proposal of no longer than three pages covering:
- a rationale, including timeliness, importance and international interest;
- the particular approach the Guest Editors/issue authors will take to address the selected theme;
- more general fit with the TTTP aims and scope; and,
- indicative contents and potential contributors.
Guest Editors will need to be well positioned to write an editorial that provides a "state of play" introduction to theme of the issue. If selected, the Guest Editors will be responsible for promoting submissions, handling peer review in accordance with the journal’s established guidelines and using ScholarOne Manuscripts, liaising with the Executive Editorial Board, and ensuring delivery of the final manuscript to the production team.
Proposal Submission Guidelines
Proposals should be submitted as an email attachment by Thursday, 28th February 2019, and ought to be accompanied by a brief CV for the lead Guest Editor. The successful proposal(s) will be selected at the April meeting of the Executive Editorial Board.
Please send your proposals to Alexia Ball, TTTP Editorial Assistant..
- TTTP Editorial Assistant: Alexia Ball (email@example.com)