Join the Conversation
with the International Journal of Sociology
The International Journal of Sociology (IJS) publishes research on issues central to cross-national and comparative scholarship in sociology. Published works are theoretically refined and empirically complex, and embody a global perspective essential for sociological scholarship. Manuscripts focusing on a single country are considered as well but need to address globally relevant issues. IJS has a long tradition of publishing thematic issues on topics of interest to a wide sociological audience.
In 2017, IJS also started to publish special issues on the International Social Survey Programme (ISSP) modules and just released the first special issue on the Role of Government module.
Why publish with us?
- Increase your opportunities for future collaboration.
- Enjoy a rapid publication process and validate your research with our robust peer review.
- Gain recognition from an interdisciplinary, international readership.
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site.
- Immediately see the impact of your research in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article through My Authored Works.
Professor of Social Research, Department of Sociology, University of Graz, Austria.
& Honorary Professor, Department of Sociology, Macquarie University, Australia.