Join the Conversation
with the International Journal of Sociology
International Journal of Sociology is now listed in the Emerging Sources Citation Index.
Established in 1971, the International Journal of Sociology (IJS) publishes research central to cross-cultural and comparative scholarship in the social sciences and neighboring disciplines. IJS accepts original articles, research reports, and discussion papers that are theoretically refined and empirically complex. It also welcomes contributions on the use of research methods. Submissions should embody a global perspective and be of relevance for an international audience. In this way, IJS has broad appeal to scholars interested in cross-cultural and comparative social and political research.
IJS also has a long tradition of publishing thematic issues on topics of interest to a wide audience. In this vein, it has started publishing annual issues on the International Social Survey Programme (www.issp.org) describing the latest available survey data and showcasing related research. Scholars who are interested in publishing special issues are welcome to directly contact the editor.
Why publish with us?
- Gain recognition from an interdisciplinary, international readership.
- Increase your opportunities for future collaboration.
- Enjoy a rapid publication process and validate your research with our robust peer review.
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site.
- Immediately see the impact of your research in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article through My Authored Works.
Professor of Social Research, Department of Sociology, University of Graz, Austria.
& Honorary Professor, Department of Sociology, Macquarie University, Australia.
Prof Malcolm Fairbrother (Umeå University, Sweden)
Department of Sociology, Umeå University, SE-901 87 Umeå, Sweden
A/Prof Shaun Wilson (Macquarie University, Australia)
Department of Sociology, Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia