Want to Make an Impact in Visual Art?
Journal of Visual Art Practice
Are you a scholar, author, or contributor to the design field? The Journal of Visual Art Practice is seeking submissions in the following areas:
- General submissions that fit with the themes and aim & scope of the journal
- Submissions on book reviews
- Submissions on exhibition reviews
- Submissions on the Venice Biennale and Documenta reviews
Please read below and follow the respective links to learn about the multiple ways you can submit your research to the Journal of Visual Art Practice and make an impact on the social, economic, political and cultural frames of visual art.
The Journal of Visual Art Practice (JVAP) is a forum of debate and inquiry for research in art. The journal is concerned with research engaged in these disciplines, and with the contested ideas of knowledge formed through that research. JVAP welcomes submissions that explore new theories of research and practice and work on the practical and educational impact of visual arts research. JVAP recognises the diversity of research in art and visual arts, and as such, we encourage contributions from scholarly and pure research, as well as developmental, applied and pedagogical research.
In addition to established scholars, we welcome and are supportive of submissions from new contributors including doctoral researchers. We seek contributions engaged with, but not limited to, these themes:
Art, Visual art, and….
- research into practitioners' methods and methodologies
- big data, technology, and social change
- urban planning
- ethics and the public sphere
- representations and translation
- methods, histories and beliefs
- neuroscience and the social brain
- politics and power
- vision and visuality
- social practice
- the methodology of arts based research
Why Publish with Journal of Visual Art Practice?
In addition to the prestige of publishing in this unique journal, authors receive the following benefits:
- Validate your research through a robust peer review process
- Increase your opportunities for future collaboration
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site
- Immediately see the impact your research made in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works
- And much more!
Mary Anne Francis, University of Brighton
Craig Richardson, Loughborough University
Imogen Racz, Coventry University
For detailed instructions on how to submit to Journal of Visual Art Practice, please visit our Author Instructions Site.
Call for Submissions on Exhibition Reviews
We welcome reviews about exhibitions that broadly relate to the core values of the Journal of Visual Art Practice. JVAP is concerned with visual art practice including the social, economic, political and cultural frames…
Call for Submissions on Book Reviews
Book Review Guidelines
We welcome reviews of books that broadly relate to the core values of the Journal of Visual Art Practice. JVAP is concerned with visual art practice including the social, economic, political and cultural frames within…
Are you attending Venice Biennale or Documenta?
The Journal of Visual Art Practice, a forum of debate and inquiry for research in art, wants to hear from you! If you attended this year's Venice Biennale and Documenta, we would love to read your review of either event.