Call for Editor - Visual Resources: An International on Images and Their Uses
Visual Resources Editor:
Routledge is seeking expressions of interest for the Editor of Visual Resources, to take over the role from 1 January 2020 officially, but a handover period prior to this is anticipated.
Routledge is seeking an Editor who has an art history background or a related discipline, with interest in or experience of digital humanities.
The Editor is responsible for ensuring that high-quality research, that supports the journal’s Aims and Scope, is published in Visual Resources. Key elements of the role include:
- Soliciting and receiving submissions to the journal
- Maintaining rigorous peer review handled through the journal’s Editorial Manager system
- Commissioning special/themed issues and appointing Guest Editors as appropriate
- Establishing responsive relationships with reviewers for the journal
- Appointing Editorial Advisory Board Members
- Promoting the journal at conferences, events and to relevant networks
The Editor of Visual Resources is supported by an Associate Editor, Book Review Editor and a News Editor. An Editorial Honorarium will be provided to cover any expenses incurred during the work of editing the journal.
Expressions of interest
Interested individuals are invited to submit their CV and a brief Vision Statement (1-2 pages only), outlining their thoughts in relation to the editorship of the journal. The Vision Statement may cover the following in relation to the journal’s standing:
- Current strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Key developments in the subject area, conferences and events
- Opportunities for soliciting articles, special/themed issues
- Considerations that will enhance the quality and reputation
- Competitor analysis of key journals in the subject area
Interested individuals are also asked to outline any relevant editorial experience and how they would apply this experience to this role. Editorial experience may include the following:
- Editor, Co-Editor, Associate Editor, Assistant Editor
- Editorial Board/Editorial Advisory Board Member
- Guest Editor
- Experience with electronic editorial systems, such as ScholarOne Manuscripts or Editorial Manager
Expressions of interest from individuals or Co-Editorship teams will be considered. In cases of Co-Editorships, please clearly outline the roles, responsibilities and how you intend to work as a team.
Any queries about the role and expressions of interest should be sent to Ruth Glasspool, Managing Editor at Routledge: firstname.lastname@example.org