Call for Editor-in-Chief
Applied Mathematics in Science and Engineering
About the Role:
Taylor & Francis are looking to recruit an Editor-in-Chief for the journal Applied Mathematics in Science in Engineering (AMSE). AMSE is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal covering a broad range of applied mathematical topics across science and engineering. We are now seeking an outstanding academic researcher or practitioner with an international reputation for research excellence, a passion for communication, and an understanding of open access research. Prior experience in editing a scientific journal would be beneficial, but all candidates will be considered. The Editor will have the opportunity to build on the Journal’s success and work with Taylor & Francis to help shape its future direction by identifying strategies to enhance its quality and reputation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making employing the Journal’s existing online submission and peer review system, ScholarOne Manuscripts™. They will have the authority to handle and accept papers following successful peer reviews and ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s publishing ethics policies. Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover journal-related expenses. We will also provide the successful candidate with full ScholarOne Manuscripts™ training and organise regular meetings with Taylor & Francis where we supply data on trends in the discipline to help shape the direction of the Journal.
• Overseeing the technical content and quality of Applied Mathematics in Science in Engineering
• Providing input on all aspects of content, initial vetting of manuscripts and article selections for each issue
• Implementing improvements to the overall editorial structure of Applied Mathematics in Science in Engineering
• Ensuring the editorial board of the Journal is as diverse as possible to fully reflect its position as an international journal with a broad scope
• Interacting with board members for receipt of reviews, recommendations, decisions, etc.
• Chairing and directing editorial board meetings
• Making periodic assessments of the editorial board and recommending changes when appropriate
• Acting as a spokesperson for Applied Mathematics in Science in Engineering in public forums, meetings and conferences
• Developing and maintaining beneficial links with other journals and associated organizations
The successful candidate must be able to assess the scientific merit of research papers, provide editorial direction, and stay abreast of and discuss scientific developments at a high level with academics and practitioners during travel to conferences.
The Editor-in-Chief should possess the following characteristics:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
• A published author and prior experience as a reviewer
• Previous editorial experience, which could include membership of a journal editorial board or acting as a special issue guest editor
• Knowledge of and experience with Open Access publishing
• Experience of using online submission systems such as ScholarOne Manuscripts™
If you would be interested in applying for the position of Editor-in-Chief please forward your CV and a covering letter to the Portfolio Manager for consideration: [email protected]
Applied Mathematics in Science in Engineering is an international, peer-reviewed, open-access journal that covers a broad range of applied mathematical topics across science and engineering. The Journal aims to address the needs of practising engineers, mathematicians and researchers and to serve as a focal point for the quick communication of ideas