Join the Conversation
Deadline: 30 March 2020
The journal Distance Education is calling for Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for the development of a guest-edited themed issue to go to press around May 2021.
Guest editors should send a clear and concise proposal using the following guidelines to the Executive Editor, Som Naidu (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before March 30th, 2020. All EOIs in developing a themed issue of the journal will be carefully considered by the editors of the journal for their appeal and timeliness and alignment with the scope and coverage of the journal. Proposals could be revised or combined if that strengthens them and/or the editorial team.
- Names and affiliations of guest editor(s)
- A clear and concise statement of the special edition theme
- Its relevance to the scope and coverage of the journal, and
- The need for a focus on the theme at this time
The Distance Education journal publishes research and scholarly content in the field of open, flexible, distance and technology-enhanced learning. It is owned by the Open and Distance Learning Association of Australia, Inc., and published by the Taylor & Francis Group. It was first published in 1980, and as such it is the oldest of all journals currently being published in the field.
Selected past themed issues:
- Volume 29, Number 2 (2008): Distance education and e3-learning (effective, efficient and engaging learning). Guest editors: Michael Spector and David Merrill, Florida State University, USA.
- Volume 30, Number 2 (2009): Researching learning design in open, distance and flexible learning: Guest editors: Sue Bennett, Shirley Agostinho, Lori Lockyer and Barry Harper, University of Wollongong, Australia.
- Volume 31, Number 2 (2010): Mobile Learning and distance education. Guest editor: John Traxler, University of Wolverhampton.
- Volume 32, Number 2 (2011): Distance Education for empowerment and development in Africa. Guest editors: Neil Butcher, Monica Mawoyo, Colin Latchem, and Lisbeth Levey.
- Volume 33, Number 2 (2012): Fostering social inclusion through open educational resources (OER). Guest editor: Grainne Conole, Leicester University, UK
- Volume 35, Number 2 (2014): MOOCs. Guest editors: Kemi Jona, Northwestern University, Chicago, USA; Som Naidu, Melbourne, Australia.
- Volume 36, Number 2 (2015): Distance education and time: organizational models for managing time and workload in distance education. Guest Editors: Thomas Hullsmann, Elena Barbera, and Jennifer Roberts.
- Volume 38, Number 2 (2017): Social presence and identity in online learning. Guest Editors: Patrick Lowenthal and Vanessa Dennen.
- Volume 40, Number 3 (2019): Advancing open, flexible and distance learning through learning analytics. Guest Editors: Jingjing Zhang, Daniel Burgos, Shane Dawson.
- Volume 41, Number 2 (2020): Open educational practices. Guest Editors: Suzan Koseoglu, Aras Bozkurt, Leo Havemann.
- Volume 41, Number 3 (2020): Criticality and diversity in open, flexible and distance learning environments. Guest Editors: Mary Rice, Patrick Lowenthal, Xeturah Woodley.
Som Naidu, PhD (email@example.com)
Executive Editor: Som Naidu (firstname.lastname@example.org)