Applications are invited for the post of Editor-in-Chief for Frontiers in Life Science
Would you like to be Editor-in-Chief of an innovative multidisciplinary life science journal?
Frontiers in Life Science is an open access journal publishing research at the frontier of biology with an emphasis on interdisciplinary approaches. Taylor & Francis are seeking a new Editor-in-Chief to lead a redirection of this title. With a strong academic background and a passion to work collaboratively, the successful candidate will work with Taylor & Francis to redefine the title, scope, purpose and ethos of the journal. They will also be responsible for recruiting an Editorial Board to cover the full scope of the journal, including Handling Editors. The Editor-in-Chief will be responsible for the editorial direction of the journal, deciding on publication of submissions following peer review and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics.
The journal will retain the focus of publishing interdisciplinary research across the life sciences as well as offer a wider range of article types and publication of all associated data to support better reproducibility.
Becoming the Editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community. Training on using our online editorial office system, Scholar One, will be provided.
Interested in applying? These are the skills and attributes we are looking for in the successful applicant:
- A strong leader with a broad interest in the life sciences
- An advocate of open science who will spearhead the journal’s mission together with Taylor & Francis
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to advocate your journal
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues, such as Associate Editors
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Editor-in-Chief please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement to Antonia.Hutchison@tandf.co.uk. Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- What attracts you to this role?
- What do you believe authors are looking for in a multidisciplinary journal and how would you develop your journal to meet this need?
- How could this publication support the research community to improve research reproducibility?
- What do you think should be the priorities for the journal in the next year and next 3 years?
- What do you think makes a successful Editorial Board and how would you curate your Board and work in partnership with them?
- How you would attract submissions and work with authors?
The closing date for applications is Friday 5th April 2019.To submit your application please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.