Applications are invited for the post of Editor in Chief for Bioengineered
This post is for an initial term of three years, starting as soon as possible in 2018.
About the Journal
Bioengineered is an open access, multi-disciplinary, peer reviewed journal dedicated to highlighting the most recent and significant advances in the development of genetically modified organisms for food, pharmaceutical, medical, industrial, environmental and bio-defense applications. With a strong focus on fundamental science, the journal strives to serve a broader readership by regularly publishing articles on regulatory, legal, and political issues related to all aspects of bioengineering and biotechnology.
Please visit www.tandfonline.com/KBIE for additional information about the Journal.
We are seeking an outstanding and professional academic actively involved in the discipline covered by the Journal, with an international reputation for research excellence, a passion for communication, with prior experience of editing a scientific Journal.
The tasks to be undertaken will include but not be limited to:
- Day to day manuscript management: desk screening of submissions, selection of referees and management of the peer review process, final accept and reject decisions based on reviewer reports, ensuring that the high quality of the journal is maintained.
- Be an ambassador for the Journal; building, nurturing and helping to grow a community around Bioengineered. Networking to increase awareness of the articles published in the Journal at relevant conferences and communities.
- Strategy and development: Working with the publisher, Taylor & Francis, to steer the development of the journal and implement key development objectives.
- Commissioning content: Encourage researchers in the field to submit to the journal. Generate ideas for topical reviews or special issues.
- Working with the editorial board: lead and engage with the editorial board through regular communication. Draw on the editorial board for support in managing the journal and contributing ideas for journal development.
- Personal experience of research and scholarship
- Active presence in the academic community (e.g. through conference attendance, social media and publication of research)
- Thorough knowledge of the field
- Ability to interpret and evaluate academic material and referee reports
- A clear sense of academic writing styles and the organisation and presentation of research
- An understanding of research and publishing ethics
Good task, time and line management skills including the ability to work on time and to budget, to delegate effectively and work supportively with colleagues.
Applications must include:
- A letter of interest, specifically referring to why you believe you are particularly qualified for the role of Editor in Chief for Bioengineered.
- A vision statement, describing how you see your role in the future development and direction of the journal (maximum of 1 side of A4).
- A C.V.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential. Taylor & Francis will judge each on its merits without regard to the race, religion, nationality, sex, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the candidate.
Interviews will be held by phone or Skype.
To submit your application, or for further details, please contact the journal Managing Editor: Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org.