Call For Co-Editor
A Journal of Leisure Studies & Recreation Education
SCHOLE seeks applicants for its Co-Editor position. The new Editor will shadow the current Co-Editors for mentorship to ensure a smooth transition. The new Co-Editor will assume the full role in September 2019.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide a clear vision for the direction of SCHOLE that aligns with the mission of the journal
- Manage the peer review process of submitted manuscripts throughout the year
- Solicit high-quality manuscripts from potential authors
- Work with the Associate Editors to decide which manuscripts to publish
- Recruit and manage a sufficient pool of quality Associate Editors and Reviewers to evaluate manuscripts
- Work with Taylor & Francis Editorial and Production Staff to oversee the strategic and operational direction, performance and production of SCHOLE
- Facilitate regular Editorial Board Meetings
- Maintain and update administrative documents (e.g., position descriptions, guidelines)
Applicants should have an active pulse and established record of scholarship in the field of leisure sciences (i.e., leisure, parks, recreation, tourism, and/or sport), experience as an Associate Editor for a scholarly journal in the leisure sciences field, and has conducted quality and timely reviews for scholarly journals. Experience with ScholarOne and having published in SCHOLE are preferred, but not required.
Honorarium and Benefits: The position includes an honorarium and complimentary registration for the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) Conference.
- Application Letter: Please, provide a letter of interest that includes the following:
- Describe/explain your philosophy of leading and managing a scholarly journal.
- Describe your vision for SCHOLE as its Co-Editor – Briefly explain why you are interested and how you would contribute to the journal as a Co-Editor.
- Letter of Support: One letter of support from your immediate supervisor (e.g., program chair, department head/chair, dean)
- Curriculum Vita(e)
Review of applications will begin June 1, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. Please, submit application materials and questions to John.Pommier@indstate.edu.
SCHOLE is a refereed publication established to disseminate knowledge related to park and recreation courses, curricula, and teaching. Manuscripts address a wide variety of issues concerning undergraduate and graduate education such as: curriculum planning, curriculum design, future employment requirements, trends and their impacts, student and faculty profiles, course content, fieldwork and internships, leisure and the humanities, teaching methods, accreditation, community education, tenure and promotion, book reviews, classroom learning activities, and special topics/issues. SCHOLE is an official publication of the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) and is published by Taylor & Francis.